Motorized Pusher Skateboard

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Another thought real quick-20" wheel to bring the fork tubes closer to level,then a shock in between those? Still suggest the support bars,but maybe add shocks to them too?

I don't know what I'm talking about really.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
d gizzle,
My work is done here on this project.
I invested $10 & had a lot of fun building it & solving most of its issues as it went along.
I may be buying a broken electric Razor e325 for less than $20 on CL & can simply bolt this motorized fork to the rear end, removing the rear scooter wheel or friction/chain driving the rear scooter wheel & have a decent gas powered stand-up scooter. Then my weight will be on the wheel preventing the wheel spin.
-Low-

Attachments

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I'm building up an old kick scooter so I know what ya mean. That's why I bought 2 front mags. Be on the lookout for the thread '5150'. Its coming

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Ok,
I had fun dismantling the pusher trailer.It didn't have enough weight on the tire to keep the tire from burning rubber & wearing out in one 10 mile ride.
I got an email back from the seller I'm buying the scooter from on Sunday (woohoo). Not bad for $20 (obo).
I turned my pusher back into a motorized skateboard today and added a second set of trucks & wheels up fron for way better handling. This skateboard is only 6.5" wide & not really good for 'street surfing'. I have another board 8.5" wide & love the way it handles, so I might switch decks. I had another crazy idea to use one of the two skim boards I have in my trunk for those days at the beach. My son like to skim board, bit I may have broken my toe the very 1st time I tried it (couldn't walk for a week). I'm thinking since the skim board is alot wider, to place the two sets of trucks right next to eachother up front, & then have the same fork off the back using the rear wheel under load...no wheelspin...
Cheers,
-Lowracer-

Attachments

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I think that would make a good board because it's wide enough to sit on. I used to skate handrails and bomb down hills and no way you'd see me standing up on a motorized skateboard!

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Well,
My vacation is almost up & it'll be back to work on Tuesday.
I havent done anymore to the skateboard/skimboard project.
I am set to buy a slightly used Razor e325 electric scooter tomorrow that isn't running due to some electronics problem. I've got plans to gas motorize it & did some research on the drivetrain that comes stock on these e325's.
It uses a 55T rear sprocket running a #25 chain w/ 10" fat pneumatic tires.
I can buy a 25T front sprocket for $12 to fit my 5:1 pocket bike transmission & get about 23 mph.
Or, I can either remove or drill holes in the e325 rear sprocket & bolt on a 22T cassette sprocket (I broke a mtb cassette recently & have lots of cogs to choose from). This will also get me 23 mph using the 10T (bmx chain size) trans sprocket I got on there now. I can also go smaller cog out back for more top speed.
Decisions...decisions...
-Lowracer-

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
gokart25,
Cool looking rig.
Not sure I'd get past the police on that though?
I'm gonna keep it under 50cc & geared for 30mph max.
Was even thinkin of installing a Zzipper type fairing for winter weather riding.
Kinda like this fairing
-low-

Attachments

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I took the Motorbicycle out for ride this morning after calling the Craigs List seller of the Razor e325 scooter. I met him at his house (1/2 mile from my house) and motorized my bike one handed while steering the scooter handlebars to get it home. No issues...
Now I am excited to get my new project underway, but will be stealing the Tanaka PF3300 off my motorized skateboard to power this scooter.
This will be my last posting here about the motorized skateboard.
I'll start a new thread soon once I get the project underway for the -Motorized Electric Scooter Converted To Gas-
-Lowracer-