Beach Cruiser Motor Mounts have to much space fml

GoldenMotor.com

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
In short, the mounts have about a quarter inch of play, I originally put some leather inbetween them, but one fell out and then they all fell out togther. I need a perm fix for this.

Is there something I can get from a store like lowes to fix this? PLEASE LET THERE BE lol.

I appreciate everyones answers and consideration in advance.

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
and by play, I mean there is space inbetween the mount and the bicycle bars that they hold on too.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
24 mm is the diameter I believe based on it being roughly the size of a quarter.
We get one pic?
How about a pic of the whole motor with front and back mounts shown.
Want to see how big the frame is too.

Are you sure that it's 24 mm and not 25 mm which is one inch?

Back motor mounts do come in slightly different sizes and I have
a few that fit 1" tubes.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
In this pic you can see a shim that I made in between the engine & frame to make them both fit together better.
The shim is cut from EMT pipe... You can make several of these & stack them together to fill the gap between your engine & frame. ;)

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
In this pic you can see a shim that I made in between the engine & frame to make them both fit together better.
The shim is cut from EMT pipe... You can make several of these & stack them together to fill the gap between your engine & frame. ;)

Amazing! Kudos for letting me know, you literally are a life saver!
I assume I can get the EMT pipe from Lowes right, out sounds familiar

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
you can make shims out of anything. old handlebars, seatpost, or any other kind of pipe.

i've made them from 1/16" steel sheet, and aluminum sheet, too. just cut out a rectangular section, set it over the motor mount block, then put someting round over it (like a pipe) and whack it with a hammer till it conforms to the shape.

i also put a dab of krazy glue on the shim and stick it to the motor mount 'cause it falls out or moves around when you're trying to get the motor tightened up.