help getting piss off at the bike

GoldenMotor.com

edangel

Sep 7, 2010
seveirville tn
i start the bike fine let it warm up then start down the street its seems like it run out of gas let it sit for a couple of min and it run for about 100 ft then dose the same thing i pulled the fuel line off and put a strit line to carb that dont help so i took the shut off valve off clean the filter and took it apart and clean it and blow air thow it both ways im at my ends witts so if any one can think of what i can do please let me know thanks:-||

jolfstn

Oct 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
at the risk of fouling your carb, try removing the filter. If that solves the problem, you're going to have to get a filter with better flow. I'm having a simmilar problem myself, although I think my fuel line is too narrow. Are you throttling hard? try riding slowly. if fuel keeps up with demand you have a fuel volume flow issue somewhere. The filter could be the bottleneck. It could also be your carb. I'm asuming you have a china girl engine, and if you have a 66cc, the stock carbs are designed for the 49 and at open throttle, they just don't keep up with demand. Try this:
http://motorbicycling.com/f13/stock-carb-mod-1494.html
Just be careful, drill/grind as small as possible. you can always widen your hole but can't make it smaller if you go too far! Some advise against this and some swear by it. So try a larger diameter fuel line first, without any filter.

edangel

Sep 7, 2010
seveirville tn
thanks i will try this yes i do got a china girl engine and its a 66 cc i did change out the line from my tank to the carb and no filter but in side ur fuel tank their is a small filter where it dose go in the shut off

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i start the bike fine let it warm up then start down the street its seems like it run out of gas let it sit for a couple of min and it run for about 100 ft then dose the same thing i pulled the fuel line off and put a strit line to carb that dont help so i took the shut off valve off clean the filter and took it apart and clean it and blow air thow it both ways im at my ends witts so if any one can think of what i can do please let me know thanks:-||
Try loosening / removing your gas cap on your tank so that it vents.

If the tiny vent hole on the cap is blocked you will have the problem
that you are describing where gas stops flowing due to vacuum lock.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Also, the kit petcocks can have bad flow. With the line off the carb does fuel flow good? or dribble slowly(check into your can on other container)...

Lots to check :)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The problem is your gas cap isn't vented properly. You need to drill a tiny hole so it can vent. Carefully look at the underside of the cap to see where the factory failed to drill it all the way through.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I am not sure if you cleaned out your fuel tank before you built the bike, if you didn't then I would NOT run the bike without a fuel filter, even for a moment. It's bad enough to have debris choke out your fuel flow, much worse when debris takes out your cylinder and piston...

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
...could be u ALREADY got some crud in the carb?
I'd check that...
or the float not adjusted suitably.

Hey! Congrats!
Ur on the wagon with the rest of us in HTland! lol
Welcome aboard!
(misery loves company!)

:)
rc

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
Could be vapor lock (tank not properly vented). could be dirt in your carb, in which case you have to take apart your carb and pay attention to where every tiny piece goes, if you dont have an air compressor then wipe the jet and the fule valve best you can and blow air through with your mouth. the gas will make your lips tingle, but wont make you sick. if you have a cns carb, you could try to tune it, some have had success with this and others have not. best suggestion is to get an NT or old stock carb. If you have a cns, most likely thats the problem in itself. could also be the fuel line itself is clogged. blow air through it and see if anything comes out. after blowing air through the fuel line, attach it to the gas tank but not the carb and check the flow. if the flow isnt good, remove the line and check the flow again. if flow still isnt good, its probably vapor lock. REMOVE the cap and drill a small hole in the top. if you still have problems, its either something in the carb or the carb itself. you could also check the head bolts. loose head bolts can cause a loss of compression. check everything i listed and if you still have problems, replace your carburetor.