MOre cruising my town and surrounding area

GoldenMotor.com

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I got in a really nice ride this AM before the cagers got out and filled the roads. I took URbex's advice and tried out a ride on 62 and it was sweet. The road is wide, with few cars parks along the side and smooth shoulders. I got the bike up to 33mph and it felt okay because of those smooth shoulders. When I got the bike up over 30 last time it wasn't fin because of the insane potholes on the other street.

Anyway, I cruised all over town and took a few pics, got some wide eyed stares from adults and children a like and had a nice conversation with Jim and his dog Sky. He gave the bike the once over and was really impressed with both the speeds and the idea.

Some pictures. Also more are up on my flickr page and my blog. (Link below)

Attachments

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I love to see the bike getting around.

You are really doing over thirty on that thing. God I don't have the testosterone producing packages for that. But then I'm old most of my parts are retired like me.

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
hahhahhah I dunno if it's more stupidity. I just let it roll out and then when I realize I'm hitting a fast speed I look down and notice i"m going that fast. I don't hit 30+ often just every now and then. There aren't a lot of spot where it will hit 30+ I've found 3 locations spread out around town, one on River Street, one on 62 in Danversport and another on 127. It needs a long hill, not necessarily steep but long. The way these things build speed is long and slow....

Honestly when I hit 30 on 127 it was scary as he11- too bumpy and garbagy. But 62- it's all smooth roads. I didn't feel out of control at all. It was just smooth cruising. When I hit those speeds I take a rest stop and check everything thing out. Shortly after I hit the 33mph I stopped to take the pic of the beverly sign- not a thing loose...