front motor mount broke..

GoldenMotor.com

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
The front bold mount broke off on the side, to where I can watch the entire threading of the bold.....
I now have only one working front mount bolt holding on my engine ( cant drive it that way.. engine will fall off..) Is there another way to fix this..? Or will I be having to buy a whole new engine?:-|| I tried JB welding.. but its too weak..

The pic is before it happened... I will update with pics later

Attachments

thestu

Mar 25, 2010
Australia
hey same thing happened to me, sent it to the welder. He welded to the rod and then puulled it all out, tapped it with a larger thread size and now...NO PROBLEMS!! :D

OleSkool

Dec 19, 2009
West WI
I feel for you! I had the studs break off clean on the front then I striped it good trying to get them out. I got a spare motor and then had the rear stud strip out on the sprocket side!!!! I am going to modify a completly new motor mount set up for my Bruiser Prestige the frame is a bit to long and the motor wants to contact the sprocket.

liukang1

Oct 14, 2010
Virginia
HEy can some one tell me what i have to do to fix this problem by rear motor mount broke just on one side and i can see the remaining bolt stuck inside the engine. is there a ways to take it out and put another one in there?.bld.

liukang1

Oct 14, 2010
Virginia
i am sorry i didnt make my self clear, the actual mount is intact and not craked in any way( wich is great). the stud is the one that broke off flush to the engine mount.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina
I just did this last weekend.
Don't worry, it was very easy.
I went to H-Frieght, and bought the extractor set for $8.99 12 Piece Screw Extractor Set

Drill a small hole in the broken mount bolt, about 1/8" to 1/4" deep.
insert the extractor, tap lightly with a small hammer to seat it, then use a pair of plyers to twist out the broken mount bolt.

I then went to Ace, and bought a set of mount bolts to reinstal in the engine and mounted the motor to the frame. Although they are available online as a full set.

Hardly took anytime at all.
Hope this helps.

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
god damn, This thread just helped me out big time, I did the exact same thing where my studs broke at the front mount.

I hope I'm able to get these studs out, I was going through different ideas, from clamps to caps...

2011 baby, googled this problem...

CHEERS!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Why are all these studs breaking off...well let's start from using the Chinese junk studs and or not mounting the engine correctly.

Mounting the engine correctly is the most important thing. Photobucket is down at this time...pictures later.

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
Why are all these studs breaking off...well let's start from using the Chinese junk studs and or not mounting the engine correctly.

Mounting the engine correctly is the most important thing. Photobucket is down at this time...pictures later.

I did a custom mount job for a stretched cruiser. I'm sure the tension of the chain from engine to wheel sprocket helped snap the front bolts off.

I also swapped the studs for longer studs provided in the kit.. I can show give pictures, at work right now tho...

anyways, these thread still helped, because i'll just take the studs out hopefully. and buy some better studs, stronger non chinese ones.. hehe

cheers