basement whizzer near restoration

GoldenMotor.com

cetar

Jun 15, 2010
atl. ga
Earlier, about 7 months ago I posted about my 47 basement find Whizzer. It was a Roadmaster with lights, front drum brake & spring front forks. Quenton got the motor & Memory Lane got the hubs & origional spokes & furnished most parts. I done the dissembly and repaint. Paint was lacquer as was the striping, with clear coat after. Memory Lane rebuilt hubs & laced up some new S2's plus mounted nice repo Chinese Goodyear blackwalls- ask for Jerry. Quenton needless to say done the engine. I should recieve the motor Monday & complete the bike in time to take it to Daytona Bike Week. Maybe I'll figure out how to post some before & after pix of the whizzer & add a few shots from Bike Week. Really guys -gals it turned out awesome, but it ain't to look at it will be ridden alot. Think the old Whizzer ad---6 miles fot a penny, still applies ?

cetar

Jun 15, 2010
atl. ga
Guys I had a cute short story about this update, very colorful and infomative. I ain't to good on a computer and somehow lost it 2 times. Short version Got Whizzer painted, Quenton & memory Lane came through. I put it together, got it somewhat running, called Quenton several times, eventually got it right, cut my finger tip off:-||:-|| on it and Rode it at Daytona Bikeweek. Long story, pix and youtube link later. My right birdie finger is throbbing. BTW I named her Birdie

cetar

Jun 15, 2010
atl. ga
I want to thank Quenton for all his help on bike & posting pix for me. Check out You Tube video. Search " whizzer bikeweek" my daughter couldn't stop laughing that I was Whizzing with all those Harleys.

Dirt Nerd

Apr 15, 2009
Erie, Co
That looks so good! I can't wait for my 47 to run. Between work and having a second kid this winter, the project slowed way down for me. Harv at Memory Lane set me up over the holidays w/ some nice parts.

I love the paint you gave it!

cetar

Jun 15, 2010
atl. ga
I've talked to Harv, he'll hook you up with what you need. Don't ask for a carb kit - out of stock & no one seems to have them. Memory Lane does an awesome job of hub rebuild & spoking- cheap ask fof Jerry .Glad you like my bike, Quenton suggested that I paint it any color that I like, since it had a brush Job on it. Cream & red needless to say - I like--Later