off the bench

GoldenMotor.com

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Very,COOL.Is that about where your giong to sit?In frame tank?I've built many trikes and three-wheelers.I guess that means we think out of the box!Good start on what will be a nice project.Kip.

pj-pirate

Mar 17, 2010
So Calif
the seat will mount and set just about where I sit! The tank is being built for an in frame look, when I get a motor mounted. Going to mount the crank and chain so I "technally" have peddle power so's not having to register it as a MB! Staying one step ahead of the laws :) .trk Building by the L.A.R. method--(looks about right!)

Attachments

pj-pirate

Mar 17, 2010
So Calif
The bike is 62" long from axle to axle and 36" wide across the outside of the tires. Yes it fits in a bike lane and it "claims" your spot. I tried it out down is San Diego Mission bay bike paths. I still havnt put a motor on it yet---just the crank and chain. Got a lot of oooh's and ahhhh's even in just primer. I discovered it is so neutral in steering that most of the time I'm riding I dont touch the handlebars! Very stable with the limited slip rear drive that I do slides like a kids big wheel. I figured that I would be wearing out a set of tires during R&D that I found a second set of tires..trk

pj-pirate

Mar 17, 2010
So Calif
The axle is from a Workman "shop" trike that has a differential(limited slip) and is driven through a mid drive with a 3 speed Archer hub with coaster brake. So far I have done everything within limits of my body to tear it up and so far it holds together. I intend to power it with a 50cc Honda scooter motor when the novelty of human power wears off--soon! Still looking for the right sized keg or trunk for the rear of the seat for storage. (c)

Attachments

pj-pirate

Mar 17, 2010
So Calif
The seat came off an off-road buggy (Yamaha?) A friend of mine had a wrecked buggy and I snagged the seats before it went to salvage. They are 16" wide buckets and very comfy. Makes up for no suspension on the trke!

Attachments