12VGenerator & reg/rectifier system works!!

GoldenMotor.com

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
I previously posted in another forum about the 12v generator coil and reg/rectifier that I bought from wonderful creations on ebay. Temporarily wired everything in tonight to see what happens. Put a voltage meter and checked the battery first-12.95 v. Fired up the mb and there is a small led on the reg/rect to show its getting power and it was lit. Rechecked the voltage on the battery at 1700 rpm it was 13.8v. Reved her up to 4500 and it maxed out at 16v. Their is a fuse inline and they recommend and include a 1 amp fuse. I am going to build a wire harness and wire it in permenently this weekend along with a 16 led 12v marker light that shines red and has a clear lense and will be mounted on the back of the bicycle rack. I have a DPDT switch sitting there so that I can turn on the taillight seperately or both head and tail light. Will post pics when it is finished the system cost me about 100 bucks total.

badxampl

Apr 27, 2010
Central New York
COOL! Can you post who is selling and what the kit includes? I posted earlier how I modified a projector lens to fit into my headlight, and was looking for a source of power to put an auto bulb in it! This is my answer.

Yes, pics and please.

Last edited:

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
Heres a couple of pics Of the rear taillight and the actual rectifier. I have been searching for a very bright led red light and found one. It has 16 leds that shine red and is very bright at night I can see it from a far distance the pictures in daylight don't do it justice. Whipped out an aluminum bracket for it on the mill yesterday to compliment it. The other pic is of the actual reg/rectifier it is small about 2.5'' long by 1'' high and 1.25'' wide. Easy to hook up and when the engine is running the led lights up to let you know it is working.

Attachments