Eight Hour ride turns into Two Days.

GoldenMotor.com

247Jude

Apr 4, 2009
Sudbury
It was a Satureday Morning, and my buddy Wayne came pulling up the driveway. He had been takinig all summer about going to Timmins, or Stugen Falls. So he asked me to go for a ride with him to Stugen Falls, I told him I would ride till the end of the city of Sudbury.
Well we got to Coniston, by there, next was,Wannipitai, this is as far as I wanted to go! I went passed there. Oh well it is the long weekend I might as well go for a ride. We road for two hours before we decided to stop for lunch, wow we made it to Warren before noon! Well Sturgen Falls here we go. After gassing up our bikes we continiued untill we got to Stugen Falls. Finnally got a Tim Hortins Coffee, wow we made it, not far from NorthBay now! "Well we came this far we might as well go to Northbay!"
We get to a small store at the beginning of Nippissing Reservation, there is an old rail road bed that goes the rest of the way to Northbay, about 20 miles. We had gone about 10 miles when Wayne got a flat. We had spare gas,tools galore, no tubes or patch kit! So I decided to continue on to Northbay to get repair suppies, I got lost. Took a little time but found a Canadian Tire(huge) and got tubes, air pump,gas can, oil and munchies. On the way back to where Wayne was aparently I passed him, I went all the way to the beginning of the rail bed, talked to a few people to see if he had gone by, he was not noticed. They had noticed us comming in, so I figured I must have passed him some place. I backtracked anouther 10 miles, and found him trying to get a ride to Sudbury, he thought I was going to leave him behind. We repaired the tire and started our trek back to Sudbury. I soon ran out of gas. Whew, that was close glade I got the can and gas in northbay! We made it back to Sturgen Falls and decided to have supper! We end up getting bombarded by spectators and questions about our bikes. Killing almost two hours, we decided enough for the riding it was gonna get dark soon. So we found a motel and did a small walking tour of the town, main stop being Tim Hortons. Once reasted and cleaned up we started our trek home after a breakfast at the Timmys! We were on the road for about an hour and decided to try to take a deture, no real idea were we were going to end up. It was fantastic, we had the road to ourselves going by fields and farm houses. Must have ridden about an hour and I started to worrie about where we were going, so it became a smoke break and map read time, as well as gas! We started going again and descovered we were too far south. So we headed north on the next what looked to be a hiway, at least compared to what we were on. It turned out to be the right choice and ended in the small town of Verner. It was here we discovered the beginning of the Old Hi-way 17, fantastic another section of road all to ourselves. This lasted over an hour till we got to Warren! Our first lunch stop the other day. wow just a couple of hours to go. We went along the hy-way till we got to Wannipitai. Here we stopped for lunch this time. Subway for Lunch, and once more we find anouther road to ourselves. At least this one took me right home. It took two whole gallons of gas for me, I filled my tank up four complete times. While Wayne filled up at almost every time we stopped.
We had made this trip on Labourday weekend.

Motor Boys

Nov 6, 2009
Cambridge
Good stuff Jude that sounds like you had a blast it is great country up that way. I am down in Cambridge so I took a trip south not quite asfar as you went but london and back was a trip and a bit for me.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
sounds like a gas i have yet to make a long trip just no time but now that im unemployed hey if i get a braek in the weather i may just go camping
Frank,
It's winter and you're in Colorado...there won't be any dependable breaks in the weather until Spring...That's when you can plan a trip over the Rockies and come over to 2Door town. We'll keep a light on for you...just like Motel 6. :) I wonder if they'll allow an MB to go through the Eisenhauer Tunnel.
Tom

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Great story 247jude! Got me all wantin' to vroom off to see whats over the next hill...

Cept o'course it's already crappy weather here. :p

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Sounds like a nice trip. If I left on my bike and came back a day later my wife wouldn't let me back in the house.

Spent the weekend in Northbay once for a wedding of a friend, nice place but COLD in Feb. lol
Left Toronto by midnight, called my friend and told him I'd be there in two hours, he said I'd never make it but got to Northbay by 2am (300km) and only saw about 6 cars the entire way. laff