gas leak

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
this seems to be a problem some people have with the carbs that come with the 2 stroke kits. if this happens take the float bowl off and check that the fork that lays on the float inside the bowl, is sitting up far enough. just bend the fork up a little and now it should stop the leak. the fork when pushed up, also push in a little pin into the bottom of the fuel inlet and stops it from over flowing. when it over flows it finds a place to come out and that usually is the primer button area

ChrisHill

Manufacturer/Dealer
Not to add in to the confusion here but, what you want to do is spread the opening. The area that makes contact with your float pivots and pushes against the needle valve...if you spread this area larger it will cause the valve to close before the float bowl gets to full...thus stopping leakage around the primer. If you open it up too much though, you could prevent enough fuel from getting into the carb...balance things out, and don't over do it.
I have a few carbs laying around that need to be cleaned. If i can find some time this weekend I'll see about trying to get some decent pictures to post up.
After all, a pictures is worth a thousand words...or at least it sure helps to explain things better, lol.

TeddyB

Jan 19, 2008
alto michigan
Mine leaked because the gasline was too big for the carb nipple, and a clamp was almost impossible to get in there ---just not enough room I finnaly found a smaller diameter gas line that would fit really tight on the tank but perfect on the carb. It was not see thru which I dont like but it does not leak,which means I can keep it in the basement .

My wife can smell a gas leak 2 blocks away. If momma aint happy nobodys happy

Ted

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Didn't I post the carb how to one here with pictures and text form start of finish?! If you can find it your questions should be answered.
Norman
The below is wrong in ( )
The search does not seem to be working for me. (I found it go to the home page type in search) the first is wrong don't go to home as I could not get it to work from home go to the 2 stroke page type in the search (carb how to) and hit go and TADA all you ever wanted to be lied to about the nasty little carb let me check again as I left something out. or you could have scrolled down.Dang I quit the thing is now at the top someone having fun .

Last edited:

Autocycler

Feb 14, 2008
Metro Washington, DC
My wife can smell a gas leak 2 blocks away. If momma aint happy nobodys happy

Ted[/QUOTE]

So true. My wife doesn't share my appreciation of fuel vapor potpourri wafting through the house 24-7....guess it's an acquired taste:oops:

Then again, she doesn't exactly appreciate my "motorbikes as art" decor in the living room either.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi well mine doesn't like my Model 09 in the living room either, I had to put it out in the trailer this afternoon, and I was just thinking how nice it looked, right here where I can see it.

Mike

Autocycler

Feb 14, 2008
Metro Washington, DC
Yep, and mine (the phantom) starts so easily in the morning if he's been in the warm house all night...guess he likes being inside. MY wife is getting used to the idea of sharing the house with our motorized children.

Steve

Autocycler

Feb 14, 2008
Metro Washington, DC
Hemingway's wife probably had issues with his eccentricities, er, hobbies, at times too. Building a custom 'girlie motor bike' for my wife has helped get them in the door (literally and figuratively speaking).