for those that like classic cars

GoldenMotor.com

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I just painted my '51 Chevy today.. it's a fairly rare car.. not too many Fleetlines got the 235/ powerglide trans, and this is 1 of only a handful of 4dr Fleetlines with the 235/ PG left. most were 2dr's.. doing sort of a mild custom but mostly resto.. stock running gear entirely, just diffrent color and I have some matching vinyl interior to go in.. will be sort of a 50's cruiser when it's done... oh, and it's not pink, it's grape purple but my Camera changed the color

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
as for a before picture... this is from about 1 month ago.. the styled S10 wheels are just rollers, I had the other 2 original wheels broke down so I can paint them..

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Cool sled! I really love the old cars! Of course as you might guess my favorites are from the late 50's but I like anything from the early 70's and before!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Finfan-- My brother has a 1958 Plymouth wagon[Canadian] with a wide block 318. It will be in for a frame on redo this fall. Pretty solid mid west car. It will get a push button auto out of the 60,000 mile donor car that spent it's life on an island here in BC. The salt air ate it up.
It will be a daily driver.

Steve.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
my grandfather had a '57 Plymouth 2dr HT.. pink and white ( factory colors ).. it was supposto be my grandmothers car but she ended up with a Metropolitian, and later a 6cyl Mustang

E J

Jun 20, 2009
Orange County CA.
I have to find the pic, I had a 49 2 door coupe I painted it pearl blue. They called it the blue car LOL sweet ride I parked it at newport beach and a guy that had a stock green 4 door had parked next to me both cars in that puke chevy green LOL. post a pic when ya got all your chrome and stainless trim back on it. alot of work but worth it. sick color I love it.

P.S. ya want to buy my stock ss craigers rims & tires like new off my 56 chevy nomad 5 lug 4 3/4 it's been a long time but I think they are the same let me know E J

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
Pretty soon, I'll roll it out into the sunlight.. had to keep everything taped off because I still had to do the interior painting and priming.. not thinking when I sprayed the outside, I had to cover the car up... last minuit descision came to paint my outside sunvisor, the white that matches the interior 2 tone white... bumpers will also be white, but grille will remain chrome, and retain all original stainless trim on the sides...

Unfortunatly, Crager SS wheels won't go with the car.. it's going to be set for stock painted steelies ( color matched ) with some.. maby '40 Chevy caps if I can find them.. Stock caps if I cant.. I have a set of 14x6 S10 styled rims with trim rings that, will be painted white with purple trim, that will provide a diffrent look when I want it