Chipotle- what kind of smoke?

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I thought this would be a good place to ask an off topic question...so what is the smoke used to smoke chipotles? I have googled and wikipedia'd it, but they all just say "wood smoke".

I know the pepper variety can vary, I need the answer to what ind of smoke is used. At one time I read it, but can't seem to find the info.

What kind of wood or is it even wood? It tastes a little like tobacco smoke.....

MelMartinez

Dealer in Mexico
May 24, 2009
Mexico
Actually you can smoke meats and food with any kind of wood; even pine is good, as long as it smokes.

See You in the Road !!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just don't stick your tail pipe in the smoker...castor oil just doesn't work.

I called a friend, her dad, the family cook, said the same as FR's mom...Mesquite, heavy on the smoke.
Tom

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
You might be able to get a bunch of teenagers to sit in the room smoking for you. I wonder how hemp would do.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
Usually I use hard woods on anything that will get smoked for anything of any length of time. Hamburgers and stuff that don't take very long, use mesquite because it's a heavier flavor that will smoke in fairly quick... For a pepper, I'd set up the grill with indirect grilling heat to keep it from charring too bad.