I found this in my back yard this morning!

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
that cool, does your camera have a macro setting , it would be cool to see the flower close up.
my other hobby is photography and have a whole collection of close up flowers.
With those you don't really need a macro. Check out the "Happy Travels" thread. I posted some pics of Happy next to the flowers.

Edit: FR31 actually it will go through a couple of blooming periods during the summer. I'm not sure what triggers it. This is the second time this summer it has gotten blooms but the first was no where near as many. It will bloom every night for about a week. There were four this morning.

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Thanks Tom! It was early and cloudy when I took the picture and it looked a lot brighter in the viewfinder. I didn't realize it was so dark until I got home and loaded the photos onto my computer. Mr. Frankie was annoyed that I was outside and not performing my proper duty of filling his food bowl.

xct2

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Wow! Que Bonita! ( I hope I used that correctly) That is a gorgeous tree! Since I've never seen one before I am guessing that they won't grow in Tucson. Thanks for the photos.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I have this tree called "Tabachin" in my back yard.

Every Summer it blooms this beautiful red flowers. And also have an small Papaya tree that gives one small papaya almost every day, very sweet.

See You in the Road !!!
Mel,
That is either a very small truck...or a very large football in your yard.
Just kidding. That is a beautiful tree. Thanks for sharing.
Tom

MelMartinez

Dealer in Mexico
May 24, 2009
Mexico
Thanks FinFan and 2door;

This trees are in my house in San Carlos, by the Sea of Cortes, six hours driving South from Tucson, Arizona.

And the pick up it´s my son´s Danny electric car, after 18 months of everyday use.

See You in the Road !!!

MelMartinez

Dealer in Mexico
May 24, 2009
Mexico
Chiltepin gives a very, very HOT chile. I don´t think you want to taste it in a "Cocido" nor pizza neither.

It´s so hot and acid that you may use it as a battery booster.

See You in the Road !!!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I eat them by the hand full. As a ground up powder they are awesome so is these 4 year old Tabascos in its day. It was bigger than my tomatoes that year. Both by the hand full love m! The Chiltepin was 5 years old in this one. It dies off in the winter and comes back in the spring!

Attachments

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I'm getting heartburn just looking at the pictures!!

:eek:
Did you know there is a land race of these that grow wild in Arizona. It is said that the native Indians got seed from Mexico and started them. [Chiltepins ] They are quit medicinal in folk lore .