Make your Clutch Easier to Pull

GoldenMotor.com

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Take the plate the clutch arm is in off. Leave the clutch push pin and bearing in the clutch shaft. Rotate the clutch arm till it will slip out of the housing. At the bottom there's a flat in it. Take a dremel and round off the back edge of that flat. Not to much just radius it. If you hold it with the flat end pointing up it's the right edge. That's the edge that pushes the clutch pin. Put a little grease on the whole thing and put it back together. It makes the clutch pull alot easier and smoother.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
i have a long and bent one i got on a 50slant i got from BGF...it works great...always new ideas...thank you...Dennis

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
i think that is a alarm for his bike....i use to have one for when i took my bike to work...ha...it makes a cherp sound...at least you know someone cares...ha...what i want to know is how misteright1 99....how you fabricated the intake filter....thats sweet...thanks for the pick...Dennis

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i like his intake filter too i think he got it off something else. i made one using a rubber boot from a bike shock and 6" aluminum pipe.i ran the hose to the carb and turned it around the side of engine and taped a aluminum pipe to it and pointed in frontward and tied to clutch cable,its like a forced air intake.

Attachments

Last edited:

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
hey mister right, what is that on the intake pipe? and what is that black box on the right side of the pic??
The intake was tapped for a boost bottle which I dont use anymore.

i think that is a alarm for his bike....i use to have one for when i took my bike to work...ha...it makes a cherp sound...at least you know someone cares...ha...what i want to know is how misteright1 99....how you fabricated the intake filter....thats sweet...thanks for the pick...Dennis
The filter consists of a 3/4" pvc elbow, part of a cover off a can of spray paint, and a dish strainer

Attachments

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
does the force air intake work...can you tell the difference...thats a great idea...colder air right...very creative...Dennis

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
before when i had a stock filter setup,the filter was so close to carb it got clogged with oil/gas and bike couldnt get enough air.
with the forced air intake pipe i get faster acceleration and speed and the engine can really breath. i do plan on putting a thin air filter screen on the end of it sometime.

i also put a o-ring in the carb to intake and it got rid of my air leak completly.

Last edited:

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
I just finished my third build and bought a clutch actuator that Creative Enginnering offers and installed it. If you follow the instructions with the kit and take your time and get it right you will have a real easy clutch like you would find on a motorcycle. This is the best spent money for improveing your clutch. The body and actuator arm is machined from a block of alum. The shaft is one half inch i dia. with a custom cam profile ground in it. Alot of thought and work is put in this and part and well worth the price.