Whos blown a motor ?

GoldenMotor.com

ACIDBURN

Feb 16, 2009
Brisbane Australia
Hi guys

The leaner the mixture the more power but more risk of damage to the engine right?. If you were willing to replace the piston and rings how much power could you squeeze out of it by running it extra lean. And wouyld this damage any thing else , like the bore etc. How easy are these engines to cook

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That is definitely not the way to go to make power. A "perfect" mixture is better and makes just as much or more power than a too lean mixture. You can not re-bore these engines either.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Wow....that's a pretty personal question...

...but seriously, you are better off using the best oil you can and running an acceptable ratio, if a little high. With prper break in and quality 2 stroke oil, some peoplr run 40:1 without a problem, but I would hate to make that a blanket suggestion because some engines will not take it.

Too little oil will most definitiely screw the bore up. and though unlikely, could lead to a snapped con rod and ventilation of the crankcase.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
leaner fuel to oil mixture or lean fuel to air mixture?

Mine died today not from running lean in any way just old age, she was singing along flat out and just lost power but i was able to putt home, just.
On inspection i thought i had turned the keyway but all was good. off with the head and barrel i found a deep groove down the barrel and the piston had a heap of extra play in every direction. strip piston off and the gudgen bush has a huge piece missing where did it go? welded itself in the piston rings and welded them shut! and stuffed the barrel, the loss of power. cheap fix!
alot of porting to do again!
steve

Last edited: