New 80cc engine, no gas to spark plug

GoldenMotor.com

ken2214

May 16, 2009
New Jersey
Hey Guys,

I just attempted my first bicycle engine kit and can't get it started. I can't see or smell any gas getting to the spark plug. I have gas flow to the carberator. I have taken apart the carberator and all seems to be working properly. The throttle is working as it should. I've sprayed starter fluid in the spark plug and the engine wants to start, so I should be getting spark. I have tried for about 4 hours to get it started and am at a dead end.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

JD-StukNchaoS

Dec 29, 2008
santa paula, Calif.
hey ken, although you see the fuel line is full and reaching the carb it's important that the float is operating properly, if it's stuck you may find the bowl dry or very little fuel. Also that the inlet has no obstructions. Pull the bowl and double check. good luck

ken2214

May 16, 2009
New Jersey
I am not sure where the float is located. Is it on the top of the carberator? i know there is a white circular plastic piece at the top of the carberator and it is bone dry. There is probably some sort of obstruction but im not sure how to check it. Thanks for your help!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I am not sure where the float is located. Is it on the top of the carberator? i know there is a white circular plastic piece at the top of the carberator and it is bone dry. There is probably some sort of obstruction but im not sure how to check it. Thanks for your help!
That white circular thing is the float, and it should not be dry in there. Give me a minute I will get some pics 4 ya.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you remove the float bowl (bottom of the carb) and there is some gasoline in there, you may have a problem with an air leak. Sometimes the gasket between the engine and the intake tube is bad (seal it with silicone, Seal All, or gasket maker).