Mini-home

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Found a thing from way back when I lived in the lil camper. I really loved it there. I am just a Minalmist at heart.

The day ended like the last 32. Finished mowing lawns at the golf course. Walked to the store and bought food, beer and tobacco. On the way back to the 8x12 camper I live in with a cat named Ethel, I stop on the trail next to the water fall and drink 3 beers and smoke 3 cigarettes. Today a chip-monk sat with me for the 3/4 of an hour. He was at first skittish. Then calm. A cat happened past, across the river and eyed us both, the burly ruff neck and the chip monk. The chip monk became concerned again but soon relaxed. The cat wondered off and the chip-monk did as well. Tomorrow I will bring nuts for him (gonna call him "Franciscan", he's already a monk)
I chose to believe that pleasant discourse gives God cause to smile more then the best plied prayer. On the way to "my spot by the falls", I was driven past by a man who had beat me out of my car in a business deal. He is a foot taller and a hundred pounds heavier. As our eyes met, there was fear in his. The ego liked it, but that lessens the spirit. Was glad to have met the chip monk"

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
NOW YOU GUYS HAVE DONE IT!! I HAD THIS, I HAD THAT, ITS GETTING SO THAT YOU ALL WILL NOT BELIEVE ME ANY MORE!! 70 YRS A COWBOY AND HAVE NEVER STEPPED IN HORSE-APPLES!! NOW I WILL POST PICTURES OF THE LOG CABIN I SOLD TO COME TO FLORIDA. IT WAS BUILT IN 1924 AS A SUMMER, WEEKENDS RETREAT. WE WERE THE FIRST TO LIVE IN IT YR-ROUND. TWO ADDITIONS WERE ADDED OVER THE YRS, BEFORE I BOUGHT IT IN 1986. THERE WAS ROT IN THE LOGS BEHIND THE CAULKING, A GOOD PLACE FOR ROACHES, BUGS, SPIDERS. THE LOCATION WAS SUPER, 270 FT WATER FRONTAGE, FACING THE SW, BEAUTIFUL SUNSETS, NICE BREEZE. 7000 ACRE RESERVIOR WITH 5 RIVERS AND STREAMS FEEDING IT. MAX DEPTH 70 FT, 40 FT DEPTH 50 YDS OFF MY DOCK. LOCATED ACCROSS THE ROAD FROM A LARGE GAME PRESERVE. COUNTED FIFTY DEER ONE NITE IN DOWNED CORN FIELD ACCROSS THE ROAD FROM MY MAILBOX. I THINK THE DEER KNEW THEY WERE PROTECTED. THE LOT WAS OVER AN ACRE. ONLY 100 FT OF FRONTAGE ON THE ROAD. THERE WERE 35 STEPS DOWN TO THE DOCK. THATS GOOD AND BAD, YOU DID NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FLOODS!! THERE IS A SRING COMING OUT OF THE GROUND AT ONE SIDE OF THE LOT, BY THE ROAD. I CLEANED THE GULLY OUT, IT WAS A JOB. BUILT 2 EARTH DAMS WITH A 4 INCH PLASTIC PIPE THRU THE DAM WITH A 90* ELBOW AND UPRITE PIPE TO REGULATE WATER DEPTH. THE PONDS WERE ABOUT 2 FOOT DEEP, COOL CLEAR WATER. THE NABORS WOULD USE THE WATER CREAST FOR SALADS. FISH CAUGHT WERE PUT IN THE PONDS TILL NEEDED. I NEED TO FIGURE OUT PHOTO BUCKET FOR DOWN SIZING PICS. I HATE TO KEEP BOTHERING DAVID. OH YES, THE CABIN WAS A CHILD HOOD DREAM ALSO..flg. PICS TO COME. RON

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Re: Nice Place!

Hey 2door ... now that is one nice looking place! Just out of curiosity ... what are the demensions?
.trk.
Mike,
Its ten by twelve. It has a sink with a pressurized water tank like motorhomes use and a propane stove. He takes a generator with him when he uses it and it's wired for lights and recepticals. Doesn't have heat but doesn't need it often in Ocala, Florida. No toilet facilities but that's what the woods are for, right? It's foundation is actually skids that allow it to be hoisted onto a flatbead if it ever has to be moved but he's had it for two years and hasn't moved it yet.
Tom

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
2 DOOR THAT IS A COOL CAMP-CABIN. I LIVE IN A 26 FT FIFTH WHEEL CAMPER, IT HAS 2 SLIDE OUTS SO THAT HELPS. I DO MY EATING AT PC DESK, THE DINETTE IS FULL OF CG, POCKET MOTORS AND PARTS, TOOLS. 2 DOOR, I SEE YOU LIVE IN CO. YOUR BROTHER IN FL. MY SON HAS HIS TREE SERVICE IN OCALA FOR 23 YRS, RECENTLY HE MOVED TO INVERNESS,FL, ABOUT AN HOUR SW. HE STILL WORKS OCALA. I HAVE BEEN TO THE FOREST, OUT PAST SILVER SPRINGS, HY 40. I LIVED IN OCALA OVER A YEAR. I LIKE THE PANHANDLE BETTER, NOT AS HOT. I LIKE UR SEDAN. DID YOU KNOW MOST CHICKEN COUPES HAVE 2 DOORS. IF THEY HAD 4 DOORS THEY WOULD BE A CHICKEN SEDAN!laff THE PICTUES WERE SMALL ENOUGH, TAKEN WITH A OLD INSTANT CAMERA YRS AGO AND SCANNED INTO PC. THE GIRLS ARE 2 OF MY 3 DAUGHTERS, THE OTHER PEOPLE ARE THE FOLKS AND GIRL FRIEND. I HOPE THIS IS TAKEN AS SHARING AND NOT BOASTING. SINCERELY, RON

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
2 DOOR THAT IS A COOL CAMP-CABIN. I LIVE IN A 26 FT FIFTH WHEEL CAMPER, IT HAS 2 SLIDE OUTS SO THAT HELPS. I DO MY EATING AT PC DESK, THE DINETTE IS FULL OF CG, POCKET MOTORS AND PARTS, TOOLS. 2 DOOR, I SEE YOU LIVE IN CO. YOUR BROTHER IN FL. MY SON HAS HIS TREE SERVICE IN OCALA FOR 23 YRS, RECENTLY HE MOVED TO INVERNESS,FL, ABOUT AN HOUR SW. HE STILL WORKS OCALA. I HAVE BEEN TO THE FOREST, OUT PAST SILVER SPRINGS, HY 40. I LIVED IN OCALA OVER A YEAR. I LIKE THE PANHANDLE BETTER, NOT AS HOT. I LIKE UR SEDAN. DID YOU KNOW MOST CHICKEN COUPES HAVE 2 DOORS. IF THEY HAD 4 DOORS THEY WOULD BE A CHICKEN SEDAN!laff THE PICTUES WERE SMALL ENOUGH, TAKEN WITH A OLD INSTANT CAMERA YRS AGO AND SCANNED INTO PC. THE GIRLS ARE 2 OF MY 3 DAUGHTERS, THE OTHER PEOPLE ARE THE FOLKS AND GIRL FRIEND. I HOPE THIS IS TAKEN AS SHARING AND NOT BOASTING. SINCERELY, RON
Ron,
Now that's my idea of a cabin. I'll have to look and see if I have any pictures of the one my rich aunt and uncle used to own when I was a kid. It was on the lake in the Ozarks. Yours make me think of it. It looks so doggone cozy and quiet. Like someplace I'd RATHER be.
Ocala isn't what it used to be when my folks first moved up there in the early 70s. They sold out in Miami and wanted some quiet and peaceful place to live out their last years. Ocala was just right back then but it's grown considerably. Lots of people, traffic and noise. They had land between Ocala and Dunellen, on 40. I get down there about once every year and my bro and I go fishing and beer drinkin'. He has one of those overpowered flats skifs that makes your cheeks flap, a console full of fancy electronics and a motor that would probably pull my sedan faster than the small block that's in it now. I love Florida, its my home but Colorado is where I'll finish out. Take care. Keep in touch.
Oh, and did you know that if God had wanted hot rods to have fenders that you wouldn't have to bolt them on?
Tom

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan And Tom, Thanks For The Nice Replys. Will Post Another Pic Of The Cabin. Its In The Winter And You Can See The Clear 10 Foot High Plastic We Had To Cover Windows And All To Create A Snug Cabin. It Was Nice To Get It Off In The Spring. The Lot Was Such A Perfect One. Chippew County, Wi.. Yellow River, Lake Wissota. THE RESIVOIR Was Flooded 1924 And That Was The First Cabin, Thats What I Was Told. The Girls And I Would Be Out In The 18 Ft Jon Boat, 25 Hp Evinrude Fishing. When The Dock Lite Came On, The Girls Would Say: Mom Has Supper Ready. Great Memories. THE TWO TAN METAL BUILDINGS AT THE CABIN WERE BUILT FOR ME A FEW MONTHS BEFORE I SOLD. THEY WERE 24' BY 36' MAX ALLOWED. THE ONE HAD APARTMENT ABOVE, THE BOTTOM HAD 2 OVER HEAD DOORS. IF YOU LOOK CLOSE ON THE RITE SIDE YOU CAN BARELY SEE THE TREATED STAIRS TO THE UPSTAIRS. THAT WAS 1990, I SHOULDN`T BE LOOKING AT THESE PIC. SURE WISH I HAD THEM HERE. Ron

Attachments

Last edited:

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
This is my cabin in the woods, My Dad built it as a wedding present for me and my wife to live in just before he died. Just a shack but well built. The other is a pic overlooking the family farm, the cabin sets on that far hill.

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Tom, A Pic Of My Sons Skiff, 8 Ft Wide. COULD NOT LOAD SKIFF, THATS HIS 65 MPH 30 FT HOUSEBOAT, TRAILER SPEED!! AND THATS MY DENTURES IN THE GLASS, I LOAN THEM OUT OCASSIONALLY!!

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ron & Dave,
Thanks guys, really enjoyed the pix. I went looking for a picture of my aunts place, didn't find it but I did find one that I'll share. Since we're talking memories; here's pic of my mother-in-law when she was sixteen. I knew there was a reason I like that lady so much.
I can't see what the brand of the bike is but notice the rolled up pants leg to keep it out of the chain. Oh, and she's 84 today.
Tom

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
TOM, Neato!! Look At The Way She Has Her Handle Bars. I Think She Rode Alot.. Bicyles Have Been A Great Vehicle For Over 100 Yrs, And Are As Popular As Ever. Imho. Great Picture. ron

Last edited:

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Great picture--a very pretty woman i bet she could pedal some of us off the road.
(i have a picture of 3 gentelmen from midway b.c. in suits on bicycles near the railroad about 1900--had a t shirt made of them--sorry cant figure out how to get the picture off the disc).wee.

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Re: Nice Place!

Mike,
Its ten by twelve. It has a sink with a pressurized water tank like motorhomes use and a propane stove. He takes a generator with him when he uses it and it's wired for lights and recepticals. Doesn't have heat but doesn't need it often in Ocala, Florida. No toilet facilities but that's what the woods are for, right? It's foundation is actually skids that allow it to be hoisted onto a flatbead if it ever has to be moved but he's had it for two years and hasn't moved it yet.
Tom
Nice usable, movable size!
.trk.

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Dan And Tom, Thanks For The Nice Replys. Will Post Another Pic Of The Cabin. Its In The Winter And You Can See The Clear 10 Foot High Plastic We Had To Cover Windows And All To Create A Snug Cabin. It Was Nice To Get It Off In The Spring. The Lot Was Such A Perfect One. Chippew County, Wi.. Yellow River, Lake Wissota. THE RESIVOIR Was Flooded 1924 And That Was The First Cabin, Thats What I Was Told. The Girls And I Would Be Out In The 18 Ft Jon Boat, 25 Hp Evinrude Fishing. When The Dock Lite Came On, The Girls Would Say: Mom Has Supper Ready. Great Memories. THE TWO TAN METAL BUILDINGS AT THE CABIN WERE BUILT FOR ME A FEW MONTHS BEFORE I SOLD. THEY WERE 24' BY 36' MAX ALLOWED. THE ONE HAD APARTMENT ABOVE, THE BOTTOM HAD 2 OVER HEAD DOORS. IF YOU LOOK CLOSE ON THE RITE SIDE YOU CAN BARELY SEE THE TREATED STAIRS TO THE UPSTAIRS. THAT WAS 1990, I SHOULDN`T BE LOOKING AT THESE PIC. SURE WISH I HAD THEM HERE. Ron
Absolutely beautiful place Ron. I imagine you miss it. Too bad you didn't have time to fill the two new out buildings with "stuff". My Dad and I once remarked that a guy needs a bigger garage than house ... for his stuff!
.trk.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Great picture--a very pretty woman i bet she could pedal some of us off the road.
(i have a picture of 3 gentelmen from midway b.c. in suits on bicycles near the railroad about 1900--had a t shirt made of them--sorry cant figure out how to get the picture off the disc).wee.
Howdy Robin. This is a freebie and works great. is a photo organizer etc. Works on Mac or PC. Just have disk in and open picasa and it will lift them

Picasa 3: Free download from Google

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
This is my cabin in the woods, My Dad built it as a wedding present for me and my wife to live in just before he died. Just a shack but well built. The other is a pic overlooking the family farm, the cabin sets on that far hill.
Dave,
I think it's really something that your Dad built you and your wife a cabin. !

Enjoyed the pictures.
Mike

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Mike, Thanks For The Reply. The Buildings Were Overfull Of Stuff. For Thinker`s Like Lots Of Us, A Shop Or Garage Is Never Big Enough. I Rented 6 Storage Units For Over 3 Yrs When I Moved Down Here. Broken Into 3 Times. Storage Fees Can Eat Up A Bunch Of Equity!! DAVE HOW LONG DID YOU LIVE IN THE CABIN? IT LOOKS LIKE A PEACEFULL PLACE. Ron

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Yeh my dad was a simple coalminer/farmer. Could not ask for a better man, If you can't tell he was and is my hero.