Do any Sprocket adapters utilize the stock sprockets?

GoldenMotor.com

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia
My apologies if this is a stupid questions. I did a search and came up with nothing.

I want to buy a sprocket adapter but i already own 3 sprockets that fit my rag joint. Instead of doubling up on sprockets I was hoping to find a "sprocket hub adapter" that uses the same hole pattern as the rag joint.

cheers

daf

Mar 11, 2014
Ann Arbor
I don't know about an off the shelf option but I did just post about using an old Schwinn Hub to mount the sprocket to. That uses the stock sprocket and can save you a buck or two over other hub adapters. Here are some pics:

Good luck,

daf

daf

Mar 11, 2014
Ann Arbor
My entire thread got approved then proceeded to glitch. I can't see any of the text from my post. Moderators..can you please find my post and fix it? If not, please let me know and I'll repost. *UPDATE* Pictures should work now.

daf

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We have to approve a new member's posts that contain links or photos. I was probably just going through that proces while you were trying to view. Everything should be okay now.

Tom

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia
I am having trouble finding the right sprocket adapter for my Hub.
With the verniers it measures 27mm or 1.062"
I have looked at a few sponsor sites and haven't found the right one yet. Could anyone more familiar with these things link me to a suitable adapter?

Edit- From what i can tell it looks as though i may have to contact manic mechanic and order a custom bushing...

Last edited:

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
Peter, have you tried contacting any of the vendors who sell or make those? They may be able to machine one for you. Now if it were up to me & I absolutely had to have one, I would order one that was just slightly smaller than my hub, then take the hub & adaptor to a decent local machine shop & have them hone the bore to fit. Probibly wouldn't cost no more than $20.00.

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia
I'm waiting to Hear back from MM and piston bikes.
Is there a way to move my sprocket out wards away from the hub with the rag joint?