Worksman cruiser just waiting on the motor

GoldenMotor.com

TeddyP113

Aug 12, 2013
New Orleans
I'm waiting on my motor to arrive this coming wednesday. My first build sheff I have someone experienced with 2 strokes helping with the build. Its a single speed coaster brake cruiser and I'm putting a 66ccskyhawk gt5 on it. Steel wheels as well. Planning on evenly having it look like a retro harley. Has anybody built using this bicycle here? Any cheap solutions on adding a front brake?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Re: Worksman cruiser just waiting in the motor

Use the search box above
It has EVERYTHING you could imagine and more.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

Depending what you think is cheap or in-expensive ? You can try EBay, Amazon and even a local swap meet, if your not wanting disc brakes a whole new front wheel with drum brakes might be your best bet instead of lacing something up to old stuff and by the time you do that you've spent enough $ to have bought it new to begin with.
Here is a link to a vendor that sells some good wheels and accessories, she has some awsome colored anodized aluminum wheels with 12 gauge spokes.

www.custommotoredbicycles.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

Workman also sells a front drum wheel, What is your budget?

TeddyP113

Aug 12, 2013
New Orleans

Workman also sells a front drum wheel, What is your budget?
I help operate a rental/tour company that utilizes worksman so I'm familiar with their product which is why i don't want to use the drum brake they offer. Not a very sturdy brake.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Howdy Teddy.

I agree with you about front drum brakes. I find they are more like anti-lock brakes then "OH NO!" lol

But there are a ton of options to add fronts. I personally use a Worksman drum and side pull, both. Works great but I have front forks on my main motorized bicycle that has the mounting hole.

Some great posts and threads on it; http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...sc.tab=0&gsc.q=adding front brakes&gsc.page=1

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

I like the Worksman drum brake and here is the secret to getting them to work properly,
Get a thicker cable either from a motorcycle or moped, the cable supplied for those brakes is a standard bicycle cable made for a ten speed bicycle or BMX or ?? always remember when building a M/B you have to up grade some things and those standard cables stretch when put
under stress so the Drum brake isn't able to preform as it should a thicker cable most often remedies that slow sloppy almost non existent braking distance.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Great thought Truckd. Way back, I had put a ATV brake cable on a china girl clutch. I was amazed at the difference. So much less stretch and resistance.

Just a personal preference but I love the way the Worksman's wheels look. Just old world motorized bicycle. Had the opportunity to tour their factory. Really cool. The CEO walked Carol and I around. They had rooms of no longer made bikes and parts.

Sorry about the ramble Teddy.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

I like the Worksman drum brake and here is the secret to getting them to work properly,
Get a thicker cable either from a motorcycle or moped, the cable supplied for those brakes is a standard bicycle cable made for a ten speed bicycle or BMX or ?? always remember when building a M/B you have to up grade some things and those standard cables stretch when put
under stress so the Drum brake isn't able to preform as it should a thicker cable most often remedies that slow sloppy almost non existent braking distance.
Got a link to where you get your cables?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

I don't have a link to any cable spots , I get mine at a local Motorcycle shop and Dremel the stops if need be to accommodate the levers and pulls, most often the cable housing will be larger too, no problem just strip the plastic off you don't like the look and steel inner liner is usually Stainless Steel twist wrapped pretty cool looking.