Carb needle

GoldenMotor.com

picklefish

Mar 25, 2013
Merritt Island, Florida
Ok so I took apart the carb thingy to adjust the needle and my needle only had one setting. what the what?

I have the grubee skyhawk 66cc I belive its a nt carb. do I just need to buy one with more settings?

picklefish

Mar 25, 2013
Merritt Island, Florida
that really doesnt since I already discovered the non existent needle adjustment. However I read all the time about the needle adjustments, is there another way to adjust it? Is this designed to be simpler? Do I need a different needle or carb?

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
you could try to put adjustment grooves in the needle (results may vary )
you might get it right with just a re jet ..(results may vary )
you could get a nt or rt carb ...(results will vary )
i worked my cns v 3 into working order , but it was no easy task , i do not reccomend it & if i could go back & do it over ..i wouldnt mess with the cns of any variety

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I would first ask what you are trying to correct with the needle adjustment? The needle adjustment is not going to effect the mix at WOT or idle, it just effects the mix in the mid throttle range.
If you motor runs and burns perfect at WOT but is rich or lean in mid throttle that's when you need to do a needle adjustment, if your motor isn't perfect at WOT then you should be working on WOT tuning instead of the needle. Tuning at WOT is done by adjusting the air flow (due to air filter and exhaust), adjusting the jet size, or adjusting the float setting. With the CNS carb I recommend you first make sure you have a high flow air filter (not the plastic one with the foam insert) and then do a float adjustment (lower fuel level in the bowl if your WOT mix is rich, raise the fuel level in the bowl if your WOT mix is lean). If the above doesn't correct the condition at WOT then you might think about adjusting the jet size. AFTER the motor is running just right at WOT is the time you would worry about the needle setting.....