Widow Maker Rebirth

GoldenMotor.com

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
This is a rebuild and repaint of the bike formerly known as the Orange peel In this post I will walk you thru what I did to get where I am to completion. I hope you enjoy

this is what the bike looked like as the Orange Peel.

First I cleaned and sanded down the frame and then primed it and let it hang over night.

LOL don't mind the crap in the back , its just some of the Christmas decorations that litter the yard each year .

I then painted the Frame a flat black then coated it with a metal flake, then cleared the frame.

I then got curiouse as to how it was gonna look on wheels, regretfully I don't have a back wheel right now , on order from Lynn's . So I borrowed the mongoose forks and put them on with the handle bars and seat to get an idea.

After that I wanted to work on the tank. A month ago I painted a Batavus moped tank and it came out very nice I thought.

Last edited:

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
and then dry fitted it to see what it looked like.

I then took the time to drill a hole to mount the tank and I think it looks good from the back , just took time getting used to seeing it from the side. But it's really growing on me.

I then procedded to work on a motor I have that came with kit, that has been down for months.

yes I had to redo the whole top half of motor. and a few things on the bottom half that were minor.

and there it is all reassembled after getting , wirst pin "G" clips, gaskets,and panting the head and cylinder. covers will be a Metallic black also to match the bike.

I then dry fitted the motor to see where im going with this.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I found another front wheel to give me a rolling chasie and thanks to my buddy Groove , added a springer fork to the look of the once orange cranbrook

This is where im at right now , so I will update as I go along