Performance exhaust?

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I haven't seen any posts on them. From just looking at it, I would say it is better than a stock pipe but not as good as a banana pipe. However, the banana pipe has no silencer, so your neighbors will not like the banana pipe.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
It looks similar to another pipe but from other posts of people who have similar pipes you lose your top end performance with it...take off is better supposedly...think I'm gonna wait and look at other pipes before I jump...oh and I love to piss my neighbors off...its almost a hobby unto itself...ill keep researching...i may not get the pedal clearance I need

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The head pipe is too short. That's the part right after the mounting flange and before the expansion chamber. 12 inches seems to be a good ball park start for this size motor. One inch more or less can make a big difference in making power. sick bike parts has you shorten or lengthen their pipe for tuneing, you'd have to do much the same to get best results from that pipe.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I had the ebay one on for a bit and didn't notice much of a difference from a stock muffler. I have the banana pipe / expansion chamber on now and it works great! I'll see if I have a clip somewhere with my bike running.

I think this link should work:

http://youtu.be/4LoIRKQM840

It's an older video but it's running with the banana pipe :)

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I had the chrome version of that pipe on my BGF RB80 and it made the smallest of differences in additional torque and gave me about 1 MPH on the top end? The torque increase could have been wishful thinking. It looked better than stock to me, but if I were to do it over again I would go with another option.

JimsFelt66

Jul 17, 2012
California
The head pipe is too short. That's the part right after the mounting flange and before the expansion chamber. 12 inches seems to be a good ball park start for this size motor. One inch more or less can make a big difference in making power. sick bike parts has you shorten or lengthen their pipe for tuneing, you'd have to do much the same to get best results from that pipe.
To me the SBP expansion chamber most closely resembles the design spelled out in the Jennings 2-stroke tuners hand book begining on page 51
http://edj.net/2stroke/jennings/2stroketunershandbook.pdf

I would not buy the ebay part, speeddemon part or the dax part, IMO of course.

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
the sbp one is better ugly but it does give you more top end you can hear it and feel it if you take it off and put it back on

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
As it is with most things but particularly DIY projects, "ugly" is both comparative & it depends entirely on what you choose to do w/it;

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I just put on the SBP expansion chamber to replace stock. I immediately noticed a good increase in torque, acceleration, and a small increase in top speed. I think it is the most effective upgrade I have done so far.

Attachments

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
I am rather fond of the Arrow Torquer II look myself. It may be awhile before I get one but that is the way I would go.

I love the look of this pipe...but in the picture I noticed your fuel line sits ridiculously close to the exhaust pipe...has that caused any failure? Not sure if the pipe on the right side would be a good fit for me...anyone else ever been effected by the exhaust wreaking havoc upon their fuel lines?

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Soo Should I go with the SBP expansion chamber or the banana pipe? Id like to hear from people who have experience. So far ive heard one person say that the SBP pipe is better then the banana pipe?

obesepolice

Apr 5, 2012
irving, texas
basiclly the longer the header the more low end and torque. If its short you get all top end. THe banana pipe is all top end, Sbp can be tuned to what you want. I built mine with a 13" header. It's a pretty good length for all around performance as I have noticed wit my bike. Im quite happy with it.

Attachments