hs 142 clone idle jet clogging

GoldenMotor.com

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
anyone haveing trouble like i am, i have 3 filters 1 in tank and 2 in line and the idle jet clogs every week i have to get those orings from that guy every time any solutions you know of to stop this? or places other than that guy to get those 6mm orings? in bulk i could try a higher micron filter but not sure:-||

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Dunno why you feel the need to replace the o-rings. I've never replaced mine, and my carb has clogged up a half dozen times. I run only one inline fuel filter, and it's before the petcock, I have no in-tank filter. Take an old piece of stranded bicycle cable, pull a strand off of it, use that to clean the small passages in your jet and atomizer.

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
well its common practice that when you remove something with a o ring you rplace it plus they get deformed from being compressed i think i i just need a higher micron filter

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
im a certified ase mechanic you replace orings every time you remove a part you woulndt go putting the old head gasket back on your car if it was fine after pulling it.. same with orings they compress and distort.. says the guy with 15 years exp

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
yes all 8 certs master level.. i just mentioned it becasue you started to slam me with how do you know best.. and im telling you what i know and how it should be done.. you can get away with reuseing it maybe one more time but orings nowadays are made cheap and most in china and start to flatten and disfigure since its dipped in gas all day.. its always good policy to replace every gasket even if you fack up and have to pull something back off put a new one on.. its common sense and good practice now can we move on from the subject to at hand why im on this thread..

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
How you think it should be done has nothing to do with experience. Like ASEs, anyone who reads a lot can get master ASE. Doesn't mean they can turn a wrench tho.

I ride these, and I speak from experience. ASE prep books don't teach this.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I've been a mechanic for years and always replaced o rings when I took anything apart. The only place I've never replaced them is on motorized bike carbs. I reuse them & never had one leak.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi. Excuse me. I think the fuel becomes gel-like when it evaporates and clogs the tiny orifices in the carburetor. Many people use a good name brand fuel-carburetor additive like stp or gumout. They use a little each tank full, or a larger amount every two or three tank fulls. Thankyou.