The Feelyx Flyer

GoldenMotor.com

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Tim (Feelyx) and I (Cobrafreak) were Building up some wheels today for his current build, the Feelyx Flyer. It's going to be a Military build with a desert camo theme. The wheels are laced cross-3 with 11 gauge Husky spokes and rims with Italian moped front and rear drums. They are going to be really stout wheels for sure. The paint is a gun kote product, or something like it. A coating made especially for firearms, it is super durable, probably just under powder coating. You apply it with a spray gun. The spokes are gun-blued. The engine is going to be a GX200 clone with a torque verter transmission. Tires are going to be Simplex Servi-Cycle. Bike will have a custom frame, custom fork, custom tank, custom rear leaf spring suspension. Bad @$$ !

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Very cool, look forward to seeing more. I recall a bike on biker build off tv show that was coated in that blue gun barrell coating. It looked cool.

Thats a nice looking interior in the car that the wheels are laying on.

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
Had some time to work on the Feelyx Flyer today, I decided to go with a leaf spring rear end. I stretched the frame 1.5" and raked the steering an extra 2.5 deg. Next is to build the motor mounts for the HF 420 monstosity. I also need to cut the seat tube down flush. I am unsure of the length of forks I want so those are uncut until that decision is made.

Attachments

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
I love these large engine builds, I'm glad to seem more people experimenting with them. That is also a very unique rear end you have on this bike. How much did you stretch the center section of the frame?

That s2000 looks pretty sweet as well. But what type of car is that on the stands? Is is a s13?

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
I love these large engine builds, I'm glad to seem more people experimenting with them. That is also a very unique rear end you have on this bike. How much did you stretch the center section of the frame?

That s2000 looks pretty sweet as well. But what type of car is that on the stands? Is is a s13?
The engine is going to be a very tight fit in the frame, and hopefully get that "all" engine look in there.
I stretched the center of the frame 1.5"
The car on jacks is an euro 280sl that I bought to part out. The s2000 is my wife's summer commutor car.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
From the location of the lever I think it’s just a early drum brake ( ?).

You can click on those photos and then zoom in ever farther, at least I can with my Jurassic Mac.

-Kirk

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You are right just looks like a drum brake.

Good old Wally World E machine zoomed them in just never thought of doing it ...........Curt

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
That rear suspension is really nice. I had a sidecar outfit I built up around a Honda 350 twin at one time and I used a similar design for the suspension on the sidecar wheel. It worked well and was completely trouble free.
Yes it does seem to work well, but haven't done any riding on it yet. I decided revamped the swing arm and cut off the big round bushing on the spring for something a little nicer to look at, and to be able lower the seat more.

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Also Hank Young used the same rear suspension for his entry into the Biker Build-Off show with his boardtrack styled build.

Very cool and unique bike Feelyx, can't wait to see more.