What's new for Felt 2013 cruisers?

GoldenMotor.com

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
This seemed like the best forum for this post, if not feel free to move moderators.

I've been trying to find out what Felt is going to offer for their 2013 Cruiser line. I just read that besides their regular Cruiser line they will offer some 29" models. The said they have cantilever frames but there are no pictures of the new 29" models. It looks like the Slant is now The Bixby and the 1903 has been replaced with a 1909 model. Slight changes to the MP. Does anyone have any more info about the new 2013 Felt line up? I'd love to see some photos.

http://www.suburbanbikes.com/blogs/news/6338644-2013-felt-bike-line-up-looks-exciting

http://reviews.roadbikereview.com/2013-felt-lifestyle-line-launch

*Update, it looks like the 29" cruiser frame might not be so good for us, that crossbar really limits the engine space. > http://www.suburbanbikes.com/blogs/news/6343634-felts-new-29-cruiser-series

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I just scored a lightly used Felt Bonneville today... I've really been wanting to see the new frame style in person, (& it looks pretty kewl)! (^)
I'm really looking forward to Felt making different models from the aluminum version of the new frames. (I'm more of a fan of the 26" wheels on their bikes & not the 24"s like on the Deep Six...)

When the day comes that I get around to motorizing this one, I'll post some pics. :)

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
Was that a Craigslist find? I saw a 08/07 listing near you, nice price.
The Bonneville and the Deep 6 always had the different frame, it looks from Felts drawings that all the cruisers are going to the curved tank style. I hope the aluminium version continue to have the larger tanks. Does the Bonneville tank seem to be the same volume as the other steel frame tank bikes like the MP, Chief, etc?

50BUCKS

Jul 31, 2011
Omaha Nebraska
Looks Like I'll be ordering a new 1909. love my 03 cant
wait to get my hands on one. the new frames should be out soon. hope the price stays the same.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I just scored a lightly used Felt Bonneville today... I've really been wanting to see the new frame style in person, (& it looks pretty kewl)! (^)
I'm really looking forward to Felt making different models from the aluminum version of the new frames. (I'm more of a fan of the 26" wheels on their bikes & not the 24"s like on the Deep Six...)

When the day comes that I get around to motorizing this one, I'll post some pics. :)
That is one fine score Norm. Lucky for you it was 400 miles from me or it would have been in my yellow Ford Ranger of the exact same color for a ride home... Would have made a nice set. Hats off to you. We know you'll build it right! I really prefer the curvy tanks of the 1903 style but I also LOVE the Deep 6 which seems to have what will be the new frame. Mabey I just cant make up my mind :) Hopefully KW Machine will offer one of their most exelent gas caps for the new profile.

Last edited:

50BUCKS

Jul 31, 2011
Omaha Nebraska
Just Ordered The 1909. Already Backordered, They Told Me Novmber I'll Get A Photo Up As Soon As I Can. 90 Days To Get All My Parts Ordered. Can't Wait!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I rested a engine in the Bonneville today just to see what it's gonna look like... (It's gonna look awesome)! (^)
Thank you Dan for that hook up! ;)

Last edited:

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
So about that 1909.... Looks from the render that the shorty fenders are gone and replaced with full fenders with a plate like the Twin. Also says that it's a single speed but shows a cable from the bars. That a mistake or is there a front brake?

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
MP description says it will be a 3 speed where the 1909 says 1 speed. That's what's throwing me off. Maybe 50bucks can give us some details on his order.

50BUCKS

Jul 31, 2011
Omaha Nebraska
Hey put down my deposit on the 1909 yesterday, all my local felt dealer could tell me is the 09 is single speed alum frame battleship grey. don't know about the front brakes, all he could show me was a computer gen. photo. The MP is now alum frame with springer,still a 3 speed. When i get more info and photos i'll get them up. In the meantime all i can do is get all my parts on order and wait until november to get here. Going 4 stroke with it again.

Last edited: