clunking hub or sbp freewheel

GoldenMotor.com

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
Help please. I am getting my 4 stroke jackshaft freewheel kit together. And it all went together what looks to me like within specs, but I have never put in a bicycle hub before.

I am looking on how to get my hub or freewheel to not clunk once per revolution. It looks like there is just a little bit of slop on the freewheel kit, just enough where I can see it move. Is this possibly where I need my solution or is it inside the hub--it has the new 206mm cartridge from sbp and the freewheel.

Help is appreciated. Thank you.

David

Sinistar

Dec 18, 2011
Memphis TN
Hi TYjesus,

I use the H.D. freewheel hub for my rear wheel I got it from bikeberry.com I got a local trusted bikeshop to supply the triple wall rim and they ordered some fatter spokes and laced it up for me. I also mounted a now discontinued 2.5" Bontrager Big Hank slick. I have great use of my bike no problems but I have the 4G friction trans and its not that smooth but all together my bike performs well for everyday use. you want good brakes.

Hope this helps out.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
He's not talking about the rear hub,he's talking about the bottom bracket. 206mm cartridge? That is the bottom bracket and you might e-mail ghost or Pablo from the sick bike parts website.

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
Thank You Griz for correcting the communication. I did understand but didn't reply, but for others it is best to clarify it. Thanks.

And I should say, that my front shiftkit freewheel seems to be stable and looks to be running straight on the road. So no problems. It is just a fun bike now. :)

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
The names d_gizzle,not griz. But you can get a freebie cuz you bought the shift kit. Hope you got the clunks out.

Sinistar

Dec 18, 2011
Memphis TN
sorry about that I thought you were refering to the rear hub. Your talking about the bottom bracket and the peddal crank area. sorry for the miscommunication.

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
so far so good. The freewheel hasn't given me any problems and it doesn't appear it is going to. It has the same amount of slack as when I started, although I have less than 100 miles on it. I don't expect problems.

My thing is, I got the 29" wheels, so it is a bit high geared. I am going to put the smaller front sprocket on the front freewheel. That will help, but I do want it a little high geared. I was hoping the small 4 stroke would pull enough to keep the bike going at low cruising rpms so the mileage would be awesome. But the power for this Super Titan is not what I thought it would be. I have 3 high gears on the bike that are only used during downhills!!! I will get the smaller front sprocket and that will give me another gear or two and then I am hoping to modify the engine enough to get the rest of the high gear. I would like to hit 200mpg.

Other than that, I have broken the bike, derailleur, chain twice. Once because I was getting use to the set up and shifted under power without the stop chain. And also the same chain came off and busted while leaning it hard under a corner and pulling the power back on, downshifting. The stop chain was loose, before or after I am still learning, but I think the cause of that was stop chain rattling loose.

So tune up the derailleur and get that silly small hd #25 chain to work in the gearbox and back on the road! :)