Billet For Predator 212cc

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
To start, I don't think this part was really made with the Predator in mind, with that said, so far I see only one modification to make it work. With out modification it won't work.....just so ya know. This is a truly well thought out awesome part, the only downside (besides the mod) is that it costs more than a brand new 212cc Predator engine.....go figure ;)

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/256/img1850o.jpg/]
[/URL]

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/img1851z.jpg/]
[/URL]

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/img1852ql.jpg/]
[/URL]

So I bought this part for my Predator and then realized I'd forgotten one important thing.......the camshaft on the Preds is larger in diameter than the Hondas and other clones. Well in knowing I have a brand new clone that it should readily fit, I wasn't too concerned. When the part arrived, I was amazed at the quality and extra thought that went into making it.....it is absolutely top-notch in many ways.

So my primary concern with getting it to fit the Pred (which there was no mention at all in the advertising regarding a Predator) was if I could replace the bearing that the cam main resides in. Well with no luck on that info from the vendor I bought it from, they suggested I contact ARC (the manufacturer of the billet side cover). Well they don't answer their phone and their website hasn't been updated since last year. The other concern I had was weather the crankshaft had the same size main bearings, turns out they are the same size.

To end this episode in short, you just need to turn the one end of the camshaft from .557" down to .548" to fit the cartridge bearing in the side cover.

dnut

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here's what I'm talking about, see the bearing for the camshaft there? And the double bearings for the crankshaft? Two vents, two fillers and a drain plug? Plus this thing if stiffer than Stifler! O-ring seal plus shims and a gasket for end-play and 4 solid dowel pins and more.

.....the thing is a work of art as well!

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
purty !!!
was it worth the $$$ ?
I like how your experiment is looking :)
Was it worth the price of a brand new 212cc Predator and a years supply of gasoline for it? In this case I'm gonna say yes, because it's a really well machined part that has alot of benefits besides it's great looks. Yes, I will purchase more of these for future builds.....it's a good price for a great part ;)

Thanks Bill......we'll see how the experiment goes......

.wee.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
That does look real nice, my local supplier lets me look at em and touch em... The Raceseng one is killer also. Ciz the valve cover on my motor cost some duckets too... More then the motor. Price you pay for performance... We are true gear heads...

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
There's nothing too expensive for a racer. If it helps you win it's worth it. There's just winners and losers. The losers listened to their wives lol.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
What about using a Honda Cam?
I'll give ya two good reasons for not using a Honda cam.

1.) A stock Honda cam has no performance benefits over a stock Predator or other clone cam.

2.) A Honda cam will not fit in a Predator engine properly, the bearing journals on the Honda cam are smaller than the Preds.

A high performance cam is the way to go......a billet cam is even better than a Honda hard weld re-grind cam, so there is your answer.

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I finally got this billet cover to work on the Predator 212cc engine. It was a little more difficult than I had anticipated but it is definitely do-able. It wasn't as easy as just getting a replacement bearing that would fit the larger Predator cam journal......that's another story.......

dnut