Making new motor mount

GoldenMotor.com

eternal travler

Jul 13, 2012
USA
I'm making new motor mount brackets the cast iron end brackets are too big to allow the motor to fit in my Schwinn Mesarunner frame. The next time I build a bike I'm using a beach crusier frame.

The end brackets are being made from 3/16" x1" steel flat stock. They will bolt onto the motor mount plate.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Cool ET. Any pics?

My DIY mounts had a problem with slipping down annoyingly slow in the rear. My "just for now" fix was a simple turn buckle. Been on there for a year or more, lol.

eternal travler

Jul 13, 2012
USA
Today I got the motor mount brackets parts I made welded up, it only cost me $10.00 a real good deal.

Tomorrow I should be able to get a lot done on the bike now that I can install the motor.

I'll take some pictures as I progress with the project and post on here when I'm finished.

eternal travler

Jul 13, 2012
USA
I installed the motor mount but had to make one of the tube cutouts deeper by using a grinding wheel. And I had to bolt two steel bars under the motor because the monuting bolts wouldn't line up. The motor is monuted in the frame finnaly and I did take pictures. I'll post all the pics when I'm done and the bike is running.