99cc Preddy valves

GoldenMotor.com

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
I have just done a valve adjustment on my Predator.......and it really changed things (maybe for the bad)......anyhow whats the best valve lash setting from those who may have more experience.....I know AGK says .006 but thats just one opinion....

Everything Ive read and was even told by HF says to set intake at .003 and exhaust at .004.....so I did.....and man did the exhaust note change!!!!much louder and higher pitched now.....I also believe I have lost top end performance....

Lastly, anyone who has done valve work to their Predators let me know what you did right or wrong whatever it was that youve done.....I would like to hear others experience as there is not much that Ive seen and I know there are a few of us here.....I would like to have excellent mid-range power and comfortably cruise at 4500 RPM again.....well less noisy anyway with good torque!!!!

Appreciate any comments in advance!

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
I actually made sure the cylinder was TDC but that was all.......I didnt notice if it was on the compression stroke.......is this a problem?

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
I have ran my Predator for about a week with the valve lash set at .003 intake and .004 exhaust with it running not neccessarily bad but definately not as good as it has ran before. Day before yesterday I tediously readjusted the lash to .005 intake and a tight .006 exhaust and took it out for a 20 mile run to see what, if any difference there was. All I can say is WOW!!!.....what is posted elsewhere (AGK comes to mind) about setting your valve lash to around .006 is dead on for smooth and excellent overall performance and exhaust note. The engine lost RPM with the tighter setting and also made a much louder exhaust note. After the adjustment I made, RPM went from topping out at 4900 to 5000 RPM back to 5500 to 5700 RPM, also the motor sounds much more comfortable at the 4500 I like to run it at and the exhaust is no where near as loud as it was with the tighter lash.