Board Track Racer Projects

GoldenMotor.com

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ..silverbear...The graymatter isn't as quick as it use to be...but it beats sitting in front of a TV and getting brain washed... Have cut the rear triangle tubes today and notched the ends ..just setting up a jig to weld it up...I'm waiting on a Honda xl100 rear hub...would be nice to run with NO brakes ...but I'm past using the bottoms of my boots for brakes....I think there 5 1/2" width between the fork plates....should have it tomorrow and can set the jig up properly....I think there is a lot people dont realize when doing a project like this... its not a bicycle ..tube strength and steering geometry is very impotent as it will easy attain over 80 MPH.....perment injury is far worse than death at my age......more latter

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi....Have finished cutting the rear triangle tubes.....the tube cutting in the mill is the upper fork spreader bar...to get a good fit they must be radious cut...the lower spreader will support the short tubes where they will overlap the main lower fork.....

Attachments

Last edited:

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ... I will be starting a new thread for the 1919 Excelsior with the V twin..as this is near enough a full size replica it needs its own thread....This was on the 5/28/2012.....

I still want to build a bicycle with a small V twin...The Thor or Pope really interests me ...

Last edited:

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ... I will be starting a new thread for the 1919 Excelsior with the V twin..as this is near enough a full size replica it needs its own thread....This was on the 5/28/2012.....

I still want to build a bicycle with a small V twin...The Thor or Pope really interests me ...The front forks are interesting as they have a concealed springs inside the fork tubes and are mounted on rockers....these models also had a clutch setup and 2 speed gear setup.... On the side of the engine...I wont be copying that feature...I favor the 1913 Thor model SR...so I am collecting bits for it now...I have started with the V twin engine which will be two Zenoah G62 cc engines...I have had these for a while..they are brand new..never started...still in the box....They are very good quality 2 stroke and the only allowed engine used in the 1/4 scale war bird competition in the USA....They will be mounted in an alloy crank case setup and the coupling drive which will be Gilmer type pulleys and belt...I will set this up with a 3 to1 reduction output on the crank case....the auto clutch will probally be set up on a jack shaft set up...I am just playing around with the 2 engine setup at the moment an nothing will be happening at a cracking pace....I've still got plenty to do on the Excelsior and want to get it finished before winter comes...DD

Attachments