Schwinn Clairmont

GoldenMotor.com

Noser23x

Mar 25, 2012
MN
Im going to build a new motor bike, and im intrested in this bike but i really need to know if the Hub Adapter from pirate cycles will work on it, if it doesnt it could be a deal breaker. So does anyone know if they work, it would be good if someone actually has one and used it. I just need to know if it works or what the size of the adapter is. Thanks

Noser23x

Mar 25, 2012
MN
Y would it be a deal breaker?? Its a great bike... Even when running a rag joint !!

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=37663
I've used the rag joint and have had nothing but bad luck, broken spokes, always getting bent and bending rims. I have been looking for a bike that will fit one of the hub adapters and I fell in love with this bike yesterday so I'm crossing my fingers it will work with a hub adapter

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Also you can get a new 7speed rear hub with disc mount and use the disc to 9 hole adapter and end up with a rim with a better quality hub and hoop if thats youre biggest problem.....

Noser23x

Mar 25, 2012
MN
Also you can get a new 7speed rear hub with disc mount and use the disc to 9 hole adapter and end up with a rim with a better quality hub and hoop if thats youre biggest problem.....
I guess I'm a little confused on what you are saying

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Are you getting the 7 speed with front and rear v breaks?? You may be looking at the coaster break bike and that's the confusion. But you should concider getting the 7 speed. For the extra $60 you get a better and safer set up. And the rear wheele is a good one.. I have had werry good luck even with a 9 hp engine doing about 60!!!! No joke

ahdunno

Nov 14, 2012
Apopka (Orlando), FL
Did you ever find a hub to fit the build? I have a Clairmont that I'm going to build and would like to use a hub / sprocket adapter as well. Hoping to find this info.
Thanks