Magrider's 1st 4-stroke build

GoldenMotor.com

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
My 4th build has finally been completed. What a coincidence that my 4th build is a 4 stroke. It was built for the sole purpose of racing that’s been going on here in So. California. After the last race at the Grange my brother (flying Dutchman) wanted to move up in class to the high powered 4 strokes so we took his China bike apart and the new build began. The bike is powered by the HF 6.5hp 212CC engine, fuel tank hand made from Jeff ‘CCC’, various parts from AGK, SBP jackshaft, Mikuni carb, front and rear disc brakes, Hookworm tires wrap Halo rims and hubs. You won’t see me racing this bike, it was custom built for my brother Dave. –magrider-

Attachments

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
What a great job by my brother and our Dad to build this 6.5hp on this Macargi frame. Many many thanks to Shane from http://www.affordablegokarts.com/ on parts, countless email's, tips and a heads up on expectations from the engine and torque converter. http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/ for their jackshaft parts, & throttle/cable. Thanks to ^^^CCC^^^ for building the tank that was on mounted on the Dyno Deuce before this build. I'm amazed by how great the rear brakes work and how easily it is to pop wheelies on this thing. Should be a lot of fun cruising and racing on the track with everyone. .wee.

Attachments

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hmm, that bike look's very familiar, I like the pedal drivetrain......nice low gearing, the opposite of mine. Nice job Magrider, can't wait to see it in person.

dnut

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
My 4th build has finally been completed. What a coincidence that my 4th build is a 4 stroke. It was built for the sole purpose of racing that’s been going on here in So. California. After the last race at the Grange my brother (flying Dutchman) wanted to move up in class to the high powered 4 strokes so we took his China bike apart and the new build began. The bike is powered by the HF 6.5hp 212CC engine, fuel tank hand made from Jeff ‘CCC’, various parts from AGK, SBP jackshaft, Mikuni carb, front and rear disc brakes, Hookworm tires wrap Halo rims and hubs. You won’t see me racing this bike, it was custom built for my brother Dave. –magrider-

Nice Bike Mag.
I'm a little confused about the rotor near the seat tube. Is that the rear brake?
Jeff CCC did an awesome job on your tanks!

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
thanks Easy, the rotor is for the rear brake which is mounted on the jackshaft, I saw it first being done on AGK's monster build. And yes, Jeff builds great bikes and tanks.

Attachments

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Had to change to forks to the ones that I had one the Deuce. No suspension but the tracks are smooth and should not be a factor. Got a little bit of riding in today but still in the engine break-in period.

Attachments

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
was thinking about those forks...they worth the 35 dollars? You know the length of em? or where to get the non chopper length ones?

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
you've come along way since cheap coaster brakes...:)
Agreed and you wont see me go flying off the track like I did at the Death Race in Tucson :eek:

was thinking about those forks...they worth the 35 dollars? You know the length of em? or where to get the non chopper length ones?
I got them at http://bikebuyers.com/PART-FY-TPT-570.htm at $39.99 and their 23 1/4".. Their cut down a little bit to get the front end closer to the ground. Ive never had a problem with them and they feel strong.

Last edited:

rgvkid

Sep 21, 2008
Los Angeles,CA
Great Build, Similar to what im planning with the 2.5 HF. I want to use a MTB front suspension forks also.

Why did you change to the non suspension front end?

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Great Build, Similar to what im planning with the 2.5 HF. I want to use a MTB front suspension forks also.

Why did you change to the non suspension front end?
The MTB forks that were on it was flexing alot during braking and with the speed that this engine was giving even during the engine break-in period, I dont want to chance the forks breaking on me at higher speeds.
I'll use the forks on another build but not this one.