"CulverCityClassics Builds One More"

GoldenMotor.com

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Found a whole bunch of nice BTR pics on yahoo and google... but nothing really jumps out at me, so scratch the number idea for now

Did you get to weld on the mount for the disc brake to the front fork?

Jeff... that bike is one beautiful ride even sitting on the stand like it is!

Can't wait to see you get your hands on your new TIG and make that tank

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Absolutely beautiful...

The work you do and the attention to detail is incredible! You are one of a ever dieing breed left here in this country.

You are a man who commands respect by your work ethic and ability by myself and others

I see you and your TIG have become VERY VERY good friends to say the least

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have finished motor mount with the bottom plates. 13 inches from the plate to the bottom top tube, so don't get a motor too tall for this area.

The frame is just about complete unless I am requested to add something more.

Now to start the tank and and make the disk brake mount for the fork.

Wish I could keep this frame....lol

Attachments

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
In the attached picture, is that a faux oil can that is mounted rearward on the seat tube?

Any chance you could make one ( maybe a bigger diameter??? ) for me and make it able so I could maybe store keys, wallet, etc in it?

I like the looks of that... and would make for nice storage if possible?

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thanks Blake....Your next in line for a bike that looks cool in your vintage truck...

Worked on the tank...got it cut and the ends made up.

Installed 230 in the garage to get that tig on it's game. The welder is duel voltage so need the 230 to weld the thick alum.

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Update # 86....

Got the tank almost done...spent 3.5 hours fab-n and welding...got the bungs welded in (thanks Headtrauma for making those for me)

The tank is all welded, just need to order the fill bung...Steve do you want a special one? Like one with a brass cap?

I put a milk carton next to the tank for reference to how much it holds...look like over 1.5 gallons. I just run about one inch from the bottom in my tank...can ride on that for hours.

Attachments

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
That tank speaks for itself Jeff.... I would be more then happy with just a standard bung and cap on there, no need for brass or such

Lookin reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaal good!

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Did you consider making some type of (removable maybe) fake oil tank or the likes for the rear of the seat tube similar to yours for storage?

Not huge, just enough for keys, wallet, etc...

Nothing fancy, just plain simple...

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I finished the tank (waiting for the filler bung) and mounted it in the frame; the method I used for the tank does not require sealant on the threads...it called a "Stepped Blind tank bung" shown in the picture.

I am still trying to figure out a tool box design...that’s different....

Attachments