My dad's bike... :)

GoldenMotor.com

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
This is my dad's WWI style bike. He built it because he wanted one he could ride around without having to blow $100,000 on a Harley. Also, we do some "living history" things about WWI and we take it with us when we do that. Enjoy! Tell me your thoughts and stuff about it.

K.M.I.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Glad you posted your dads bike. That is just way too cool........ im going to need to look at these pictures for a while because there is a lot going on. Absolutely beautiful bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your dad do some nice work. Welcome to the forum

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
There will be so many questions coming your way..... what engine is it?............... What size rims are they? Standard 26"rims or smaller?............ and i really like the handclutch and pulley setup, i have a similar setup on my bike but thats way cooler........................ and thats a very large flywheel on that engine, love it

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
My thoughts exactly Harry and Mr. Kesterel I have the same questions. I'm sure everyone else does too.
Does your Dad let you toss a leg over this fine steed and go for a ride when ever you want? A most beautifully built bike indeed.

WW1 has a lot of interest to me since my family near and far left ten young men on the
battlefields.

Steve.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Kestrel said something about it being a 1918 delco power plant..... I'd never heard of them, not that im an expert,or even novice on small engines but it looks like it belongs in that bike. Hats off once again!!!!!!!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Did your dad fabricate a lot of the parts such as fork/springer, tank, handlebars etc?...... Also does the front headlight work? Or have you updated the light with LED's?....... I'll have more questions after I've stared/drooled a little longer.

P.S be nice to your dad and watch, listen and learn because your dad is a true craftsman!!!

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
He made everything from scratch, including the front forks. No the headlight doesn't work, it's just there for show, because originally they ran on "Prestolight" which was I think kerosene... But we never ride it on the road (at least not legally :D), so that doesn't matter that much. I'm glad that you guys like it, that'll make my dad's day...

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I would love more close ups of the front springer / fender arangment, the motor, the drive system, the rifle scabard attachment, the.... Heck just shoot a movie of every part! Just go REALLY SLOW. We wanna see it all! EDIT: Honestly... He just sticks his fingers in the fly wheel and gives er a twirl?? MUST SEE TV! :eek:

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I just saw War Horse this evening and they had some bikes in that movie I couldn't tell what the brand was although the first rode by an english solder was an Enfield Imperial but the bikes were fantastic you should see the movie, your bike reminded me of those in the movie.
Nice job!!

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I love it. I have a military themed pedal bike and I want to mount my Thompson Submachine gun on the fork in a custom leather sheave. A good parade bike. I need to get a combat uniform.