HF preditor on the way

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
My bubblegum pink ebike is step through but I put the battery pack on top of the slant bar so i still can STEP ThRU darn it. I may have to go that direction though soon. That old havey huffy mountain bike frame I have once I dropped it down seems to be the way to go for now. It really is stable with smaller wheels.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have nothing to do right now while I wait for the motor and since the ebike is setup the way I want it more or less. So I went to work on he motor mount, as much as I could anyway.

The predator looks exactly like the greyhound in the pics so I decided to mount this on using the four threaded holes around the drive shaft. I am going to fun a long angle bar across the top holes Then attach a hinge to that. Actually I have that part built. When the motor arrives I will need to drill the holes and attach it.

Now I am always concerned about movement and twist, so I will attach a second angle bar across the bottom running ot a couple of inches past the motor on each side. The top bar I plan to leave longer. So I can connect the bottom bar and the top bar together to prevent the motor from twisting out of plumb.

Then when I attach the hinge securely to the bike, I should have a pretty solid connection. I will probably make a piano hinge to use as a lift on this motor and run a bar from the top of the motor across the tire to attach a spring to keep it in place. It's about the simplest mount I can think off.

My point was that I welded the top bar and the hinge holder together today while I had nothing to do. It should be cool enough not to check my welds. Always a depressing moment.

The last one I mounted from underneath. It rode too high and the angle was terrible for the gas tank.. This one should be a little better for keeping the angle of the gas tank flat. Maybe this gas tank won't leak like the last one.

Last edited: