Mini-Chopper to Push Trailer

GoldenMotor.com

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
A customer of mine gave me a mini-chopper with a 50 CC engine, electric start, disc brake and I have welding wire and things to cut with. Here's what I have so far; what do you think?

.trlrl.

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
A few changes and a little progress. Looks like I will need to spend a little $$$. :( Ran out of welding wire, lol.

I've been doing so much with so little for so long that now I' certain that I can do anything with nothing in no time at all... as long as I have welding wire.

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA

Twin "NOS Tanks" for fuel tanks. Will have removable pressure gauge to fill them. This will be fun stuff. :)

Now where to get two NOS stickers?

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Just found out something kinda cool. The battery even holds a charge! Also, apparently the reason it was parked was get this: a blown fuse. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
UPDATE:

Yesterday I put together the seat post mount and u-joint assembly. Thank you to another of my customers for getting me a roll of welding wire (free!) and my old dead Ford Exploder for donating the u-joint out of the steering column. This brings the total cost to date to $0.00. Still on track for the budget!!

I decided to pedal the trailer around the house a bit just to see what it feels like behind the bike and I must say I'm surprised at how well it handled! When I was bubble-gumming it together I tried to keep the bulk of the weight below the line between the pivot (u-joint) that mounts to the bike and the rear tire to give it a self-righting pendulum effect. Something I learned from one of the posts on this site. Thank you to the person who posted that little bit of info. The balance is spot on! I even had my daughter (who is a small people) ride it around and she had no problem with it. Can't wait to see this thing run.

Just about have all the wiring figured out but still don't know how to hook up the mag. The two wires from it went to the ignition switch that is destroyed to the point of not knowing where the $#!& the circuit goes! I think one goes to ground with the key in the off position to kill the engine, and the other goes to charge the battery?

Anyone have any info on this? Couldn't find anything online and I would hate to fry something. That would put me over the projected cost of $0.00. I'm trying to make the fuel the most expensive part of this build. HELP!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL @ "old dead Ford Exploder"

I just scraped mine. Bummer. I did not think to keep any bits and pcs off it.

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Just a guess but was it a 91 or so with a junk auto trans? Lol I even took the aluminum wheels to the recycler for about 50 bucks. May it rust in pieces! What should i name this trailer? I was thinking trailer trash. Made from 100% recycled #+@* .

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Another Update:

Now for some big time redneck engineering.

New air cleaner assembly made out of a chain link fence cap and the mini chopper headlight bezel. Cost - $0.00. :)

And the cable/wire routing to the bicycle with quick disconnects made form two of those double keychains that I had in my bucket 'o stuff.

Thinking of painting it to match my other bike, the Time Bandit. My preccccciousssss.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I got two cents!

IMO, you would be better served if you attached your pusher to the bike at the level of the axle.

Best
rc

Nice knuckle. I just never liked the sofa. Call me crazy... I always took em off.