Running Issues

GoldenMotor.com

lmmacko

May 10, 2011
Davison,MI
Howdy! I'm new to the world of motorized bikes. I just bought one second hand about a month ago, and at first all was fine aside from a few minor replacement parts such as the fuel line, air filter, and clutch cable. I currently have the air filter off however. Here is my problem though after riding it about roughly 30 miles, I can still turn the engine over but everytime I go to give it gas nothing happens, and in a few seconds to a minute or two it will just stall out. I have no clue what it could be. I checked the carb, the clutch, and even the throttle itself, but it all seems to be in good working order. It just makes no sense to me as to why this would suddenly happen. Would anyone have any ideas as to what it could be, and what to do about it? Please note I'm not that mechanically inclined so I could use all the details you could give me. Thanks. By the way I hav a 80cc 2 stroke but am unsure of the brand itself.

lmmacko

May 10, 2011
Davison,MI
Check to be sure your cap is venting properly. Change the plug and report back here with results.
I did as you said, and everything seems to be in order. As far as checking the seal on the jet, I'm not too familiar with how to do that. As I said I'm kinda a noob. :) I'm to the point now though to where I've had it with it, and am thinking about getting a brand new engine. It was bought second hand after all, and who knows how long the person before me had it, or how hard he used it? Not sure what I will do yet but if I do get a enw engine I was thinking getting it from bikeberry. Is that a good company to buy from?