welcome to the acme cafe

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Man i really like that, i can see a cafe build in my future. Thanks for the inspiration. Is that a casting or dummy block of one of your v-twin chinagirl motors? If so are you going to use one on this? That would be awesome

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
started glassing it up last night. doing the preassembly fot the brakes, shifter kit and building the front fender while the body cures between coats.

the shocks i got from BMI are way to stiff, i traded them at the swap meet for a set of mini bike shocks that are going to work great, much softer on the spring rate. the bmi shocks are for go carts and are way to stiff for a bike.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
still working on the body, i have the motor and shifter kit mocked up and took it for a ride under pedal power. prety nice with the s/a 3 sp drum hub. the forks are a little soft i will try heavy weight oil in them later and see what that does. still need to make an exhaust pipe, want an up pipe just under the tank.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
here it is prety much mocked up. got my exhaust built, goning to send it out to get chromed. still need to make a rear fender, then take it all down for paint and powder coating.

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Wow that is awesome!!!! How did you get that shape on the cowl? Hammer and bag? Is it one piece?

I cant wait to see more......... keep up the top notch work!!!!

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
yeah. bag and hammer then english wheel. wish i had more time to devote to this build. to many irons in the fire. looks like i have a 5 week wait on getting my pipe back from the chromers so i guess theres no rush anyway.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Man, seriously nice job you have done there! Cant wait to see this thing together, its going to be a beauty.... hopefully you may inspire some more cafe racer builds. Keep us posted.....