Villiers beach cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks Silverbear, your knob on your bike inspired me to do mine, i always planned on one, but seeing yours got me motorvated........ Im not sure i like mine though, i think its a little large, but it was free so i cant complain. I will see if it grows on me, in the meantime ill keep my eye out for another.

I was planning to attend my first ever vintage swap meet tommorrow, and was thinking of taking my bike, well wouldnt you know it mother nature has other plans and we are having a lot of rain, meant to rain for the next week. Darn it!!!!!!

Here in Australia we were in a massive drought only a couple years ago, our dams were nearly dry, we were under strict water restrictions, you werent even allowed to wash your car, or even hose your driveway..... Now weve had two summers of floods along the whole East coast of Australia..... i just wish it would stop. Its HOT, muggy and constantly raining. Not much fun here at the moment.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
This vidoe was filmed outside my work last at January last year, there is actually a bridge under that water in the distance and the river picked up a container and smashed into the bridge taking out the lowest of 2 bridges. It still hasnt been completely fixed and im still getting caught in traffic because of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsoA8oyvVus

Luckily i was on holidays at the time, or maybe unlucky for me as it rained for the entire 5 weeks of my holiday, id never seen anything like it in my lifetime, weve had floods again this year but not quite as bad, at least not in the Brisbane area.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I always said id never paint this bike but i tired of the original look so i thought id do a well weathered paint job. I thought it would be quick but took just as long as a nice paint job.

I hope its an improvement, i think so. I just noticed the pics i took are a little hazy. Ill get better pics later.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
UNBELEVABLY AWESOME!
Like SB says I like staring at this bike, all your special tuches drilling holes and well Just HOME MADE..............Curt

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Very impressive, Harry.

And the broken spokes really give it authentic character!

Perhaps a little more paintwork on the shiny parts???

Have you been getting a chance to ride very often?

New babies are very busy, aren't they!
Then they walk. Shortly thereafter they run...

Have you built a V stroller yet?

Best
rc

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Looks like an old antique. Good job with the patina. Are you able to catch a ride or two on it at a safe place that you won't get caught?
I actually rode it yesterday for about 1/2 hour, just rode the backstreets around my house. Its the first time i rode it in over a year.

The bike still hasnt got any faster, but its just as much fun to ride as it ever was. Man how i miss riding this bike. :-||

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Very impressive, Harry.

And the broken spokes really give it authentic character!

Perhaps a little more paintwork on the shiny parts???

Have you been getting a chance to ride very often?

New babies are very busy, aren't they!
Then they walk. Shortly thereafter they run...

Have you built a V stroller yet?

Best
rc
Broken spoke!!!! Only one of them. LOL. I actually bought a spoke to replace it when i painted the wheels. When it came time to replace the broken spoke it decided to hide, only to reveal itself once i had reassembled the wheel..... like you said i think it gives the bike character, and the wheel is still solid and true so im not yet concerned.

I actually had all those shiny parts painted, they didnt quite look right until all the paint was removed. It may not be as authentic looking but those shiny parts look better with a little contrast in my opinion.

Mia, my daughter is keeping us very busy, but i love it. Unfortunately i find i often sit and watch Mia even more then i used to sit and stare at my projects, so needless to say i havent really got any work done on my bikes, i have however been planning and buying parts for my projects.

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
That really turned out!

Are you sure there isn’t a way to pass it off as a “antique/old timer” so you could get it registered to ride...?

“-)

-Kirk
Thanks MrB.... Not really possible to register this bike for the road here. We have strict laws unfortunately.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I finally took this bike to a show. Seeing as we had the baby we didnt do the full day so not sure if i got judged or not. But i got a lot of interest. I only spent a little while "with" the bike, but while i did i had many offers to buy it. I was kind of surprised.

One guy, "Chopper" was very cool when i got there and insisted i sell him this bike, even gave me his card. He was the owner of the "Ratsters" mini (dont know what youd call it) truck. It had a motorcycle engine in it and was very cool. He also had many bicycles there..... but i told him, like the rest that this isnt for sale.

Heres my bike, and a few pics of the show.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Harry,
Your bike looks fantastic. I spent most of my life restoring antique furniture and in latter years restoring an original looking finish to a lot of things that had been stripped over the years. You've got the look down perfectly from what I can see.

Now you need a cover story about the tumbled down shearing shed that you found it in.

I like the ratsters go-kart tow truck. A friend of mine had a Commer camper van like the one in your photo. We would take it to the drive in and park in the back row. Our girlfriends would meet us there since it was mighty hard to show up to pick up your young lady in a camper van. Parents just never seemed to understand just how innocent it all was. :)

Steve.