Finally had a night out!

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
What the heck, considering how buzzed I was for last night adventure the Tavern seems like a good place to share it ;-}

I was listening to the radio Friday morning and the DJ was giving away 4 tickets to the Fab Faux concert at the Arizona Biltmore ballroom.

The DJ was looking for caller 9 and had gave them away, and I was caller 11.
'Sorry, you are caller 11'

But I was really interested in seeing this band that didn't try to look like the Beatles, but reproduce their music as accurate as possible.

So the DJ and I chatted a bit about my interest and out of the blue he said...
"You know what? You didn't win but I am giving your a pair of tickets from own personal stash, they will be at Will-Call for you"

How frigg'n cools is that?

And what a great show!

What a wonderful setting for a concert too.
It was like a dinner theater. Little tables that sat 4, waitresses, and up close and personal.

The Fab Faux were simply awesome as well.
Their reproductions of the Beatles were simply flawless.

We got there a little late so there were people at every table, but I just went up to the first table with 2 people and asked if we could share their table and they said sure, so we sat down.

Turns out it was guitar legend George Benson and his beautiful wife's table!
George Benson

I took a bunch of video but this is our table, my roomie and George.

http://vales.com/pics/GeorgeBenson.avi

And yes, I shamelessly got his autograph on the back of one of my new KC's Kruisers business cards when it was over ;-}

It was the most fun this old man has had in years and I feel much better about life because of it ;-}

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That's just too cool, KC. I'm envoius. Thanks for sharing the adventure with us and congratulations. An evening to remember, for sure. Sometimes things just work out perfectly.
Tom