ultimate pipe mod 1/2 horse gain imdeialty 1 Dollar

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
oh boy, here we go, i see alot of problems coming out of this guy.
Sorry man but you know what they say bought first impressions

Yes, but if you noticed, we've chased him away... :rolleyes:.

I didn't mean to be "harsh" in my first reply, but "advice" like the OP offered is just not safe, sane, reasonable or acceptable.

Can you imaging a motorized bike world, where everyone ran around, being loud, with flaming beer cans on their exhausts, saying; "Now get this...your gonna love it....who cares if it's obnoxious...."?!?

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
ummm,... well...actually I built a really nice silencer using energy drink cans, a fabricated insert and yes steel wool. It works great. Keep in mind this is after a few feet of exhaust run. You can pretty much keep your hand on it. Warm? Yes. Flash point? No way, not even, besides fire needs oxygen. It's about common sense and having a modest engineering skill set.
*now if you want some excitement you could try some magnesium or titanium wool, that would be sort of cool, it might convert into a jato effect power assist!

Last edited:

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike
Yes, but if you noticed, we've chased him away... :rolleyes:.

I didn't mean to be "harsh" in my first reply, but "advice" like the OP offered is just not safe, sane, reasonable or acceptable.

Can you imaging a motorized bike world, where everyone ran around, being loud, with flaming beer cans on their exhausts, saying; "Now get this...your gonna love it....who cares if it's obnoxious...."?!?
Sorry bro but I know for a fact he is not the first person you guys have chased away with your rudness and that means bikeguy as well? I just dont see the need to do this stuff even through you realy think your funny your not? But this is a great site so I think the op should have grin and bear it. Please dont chase me away when Iam just trying to get us to get along. But you guys should realy chill and just ride your bikes.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Sorry bro but I know for a fact he is not the first person you guys have chased away with your rudness and that means bikeguy as well? I just dont see the need to do this stuff even through you realy think your funny your not? But this is a great site so I think the op should have grin and bear it. Please dont chase me away when Iam just trying to get us to get along. But you guys should realy chill and just ride your bikes.
Really? What happened to this?

lol you guys crack me up!! hehe
Look, if you have a problem with another member or staff please feel free to send them a private message or just report them (and yea - you can report staff). Publicly reprimanding others for rudeness is... well... rude - so it's not exactly effective.

Staff is obligated to correct something like this when it's posted - if you don't like something you see report it and/or move along, it's the only effective solution.

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike
Really? What happened to this?

Look, if you have a problem with another member or staff please feel free to send them a private message or just report them (and yea - you can report staff). Publicly reprimanding others for rudeness is... well... rude - so it's not exactly effective.

Staff is obligated to correct something like this when it's posted - if you don't like something you see report it and/or move along, it's the only effective solution.
I just DID report it right here in this thread and I have sooo moved on how about you trying the same and I will never pm you as I have been told about your kind of pms. (lots of name calling lol) I was just trying to help a fellow bike rider who was getting reamed. Peace
Edit sorry barlyawake Iam the one barelyawake here now I did not mean to say that to you I was talking to some other member of the satff lol! As for you you are a real gent and I offer you my APOLOGIES!

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
There's a report button at the top right corner of every post - use it if you feel there's something inappropriate. It sends a notification to all staff so it can be reviewed.

As for "lots of name calling" - I wanna see the PM, any PM where I've called anyone anything other than their screen name, and you should definitely take it up with the site administrators, as you should if you have a problem with any moderator.

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike
By the way guys I have recived a warning for insulting another member? I have NEVER insulted anyone here? So I dont understand? Just be carful who you stand up to here.
Barlyawake you are a great help and Ive never heard ANY thing but good about you and I for one have nothing but good to say about you! I know you are the one who gave me a warning and from you its cool with me hehe! I just got a little mixed up with some OTHER staff? Sorry bro you are number one in my book. I apologise to you bro and thanks for ALL you do and that includes giving me a warning for being a dumb a** lol!

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Who cares?

Well, first off, steel wool will do nothing but catch on fire.

Second, if you just want to make noise, why don't you make the bike quieter, and get a bicycle bell.
I AM sorry if the above statement offended anyone, especially the OP.

I could have said "Second, if you just want to make noise, why don't you make the bike quieter, and get a bicycle bell and scream lookit ME mommy, lookit ME!"

Maybe that's too offensive for some?

Get a skin.