GoldenMotor.com

themotorbikeguy

Jun 10, 2010
Fremont CA
ok,
I modded my stock exaust to get the power of a tuned pipe
I will post pics later but heres wut you do
ok on your stock muffler u have 2 little nuts on top of the muffer part
remove those then drop the muffler then ur gonna need to go to your recycle bin outside
grab a monster or tall beer can and you take a can opener and cut out the part where u drink from
remove the whole top part cut on the inside though you want the rim
ok got that so far
then you are gonna drill a hole in the bottom of your can about the size of the hole on your bottom part of your muffler ok then you are gonna stuff steel wool on the inside of can this is optional this is just to silence it then take a hose clamp and clamp it to your part of the pipe
it may be loud but who cares its fast
i do not take liability if you mess up
have fun
good day
-Joe

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Who cares?

Well, first off, steel wool will do nothing but catch on fire.

Second, if you just want to make noise, why don't you make the bike quieter, and get a bicycle bell.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
ok,
remove those then drop the muffler then ur gonna need to go to your recycle bin outside
grab a monster or tall beer can and you take a can opener and cut out the part where u drink from
ok got that so far
then you are gonna drill a hole in the bottom of your can about the size of the hole on your bottom part of your muffler ok then you are gonna stuff steel wool on the inside of can this is optional this is just to silence it then take a hose clamp and clamp it to your part of the pipe
have fun
good day
-Joe
I challenge you put that on a dyno and prove the 1/2 hp gain. I'd be willing to bet lots of money..........:D

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
ok,
ok got that so far
have fun
good day
-Joe
You're Drunk! laff

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Doesn't louder = faster? I know when the X-over pipe rusted though on my GMC 1500 the gas pedal got way easier to mash down to the floor. laff

themotorbikeguy

Jun 10, 2010
Fremont CA
this forum is the shiznot, I love you guys. I am glad you didn't fall for my stupid bike mechanic tricks! lol!

BTW a malt liquor can works the best!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
In all seriousness, a "mod" like this would not make much of a power gain. I have opened up the baffle and eliminated a couple, and once you re-set the carb so it runs with the proper fuel air mix, you get a little more power across the rpm range.

It also increases the exhaust volume considerably.

Packing the exhaust with steel wool will likely cause a fire. Don't believe me? take a piece OUTSIDE and hit it with a lighter, or even a hot spark....now coat that with oil, and pack it in the hottest place with fire on your bike.

At the very least, it will clog with that 16:1 oil mix some people are running.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I did some welding at work once with the arc welder. The quickie kind, welder right by the power outlet just something simple. Thought the coast was clear. When I got my helmet up I saw a roll off that stuff starting to take off thought I would never put it out. It was a huge roll someone left out in the wrong place of places! I did not want to waste it. One has to check there surroundings sometimes LOL! That stuff is about a boy scout trick for starting a camp fire!

Last edited:

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
oh boy, here we go, i see alot of problems coming out of this guy.
Sorry man but you know what they say bought first impressions