Wish the fatboy luck

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
On Tuesday my wife and I are going to out to renew our driver's licenses. I have not driven a car for over a year, so mine isn't very important I would use it only for true emergencies. If I fail and an emergency happens, I will just drive without it. I really am not that worried about it. In our state after so many years without an accident all I have to do is pass the eye and sign test. I know the signs but I have constant double vision making the eye test very,very questionable.

I would still like to have the license even though it will be of no practical use to me. It would be much harder to get it from scratch again, should I ever need one for the bike. God knows the lawyers in the state capitol can change the rules anytime they want.

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
I have a full CDL and Federal DOT that I'll need to renew next birthday. License here are for 5 years. The CDL is no big deal but the DOT takes a physical...what the heck is a 73yo man need with a DOT anyway. I don't plan on driving any more semis down the road with all the nuts out there..... Cell phoners, text messagers they are all idiots. I better count my blessings while I can.
When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized that the
Creator doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked to be forgiven. LOL
buzzard

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
it was a good plan... My plan for today is to lie like a man in a bar at 1AM when they ask if I have health issues.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Good luck Deacon.
This has nothing to do with anything, but the post with the eye chart reminded me of a visit to the veterinarian's office last summer. I went with my neighbor and his dog. We were in the little office/examining room waiting and there was an eye chart on the wall. Jim stared at a for a bit a little perplexed and said, "what do you suppose that's for?" I said, "Seeing eye dogs". Well, it was funny at the time anyway. Every time I see a chart now I think about that eye chart at the vet's, like a bridge to nowhere or putting a no smoking sign inside a dog house. What for?
SB

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Good luck deacon . My father just turned 85 and he should never drive a car again . Relatives come in to town and he offers to drive them to their appointments . I cringe every time I hear this . I have told as many as I can that it would be safer to take a taxi . I just serviced my fathers bike and added a rack and panniers . It is fortunate that he is healthy enough to ride a bike . .... D.J.

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
It's just a thought, but maybe go to an optometrist for the eye exam. Here that's all I do because I have a bad right eye and can never pass those stupid machine tests. If you have a clean driving record they accept the Drs. affidavit you may not even have to take the eye exam at the testing station.
Good Luck with your tests anyway.

Last night, my kids and I were sitting in the living room and I said to them, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."
They got up, ujplugged the Computer, and threw out my wine They are so on my SH** list...
buzzard

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
well i passed. the guy must work on commission. He practically fell over backwards to pass me on the eye tests. I guess because I could see the signs okay. I mean get real how many times are we going to need to read the eye chart while driving down the road.