problem not reaching full throttle

GoldenMotor.com

muddafuka

Apr 2, 2010
california
heres my problem, I got my bike running all good except when i try to open her up and go faster it basically maxes out half speed. I know the motor is capable of going way faster, cause i had it going faster before. checked my throttle cable and and carb and all that and it all looks good. What else could be the cause of something like this? I just want to be able to keep up with buddy and his bike. i put the new iridium sparkplug in there and even went the extra mile and took off my tensioner, i just shortened my chain and it works even better. Please if you have any suggestions i would be much appreciated.:-||

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
A possible cause is fuel starvation - check to see if the cap is venting properly, the in-tank filter, the inline filter & if those are good, check float height and adjust as necessary...

I hope it's as simple as that ;)

Oh right, but start w/the simple first heh - double check yer throttle & cable just in case they slipped out of adjustment.

Last edited:

muddafuka

Apr 2, 2010
california
Well I figured out what my problem was it was at the manifold, my 8 mm studs were just an 1/8th to big so the cap screws I used to tighten it basically maxed out nd hadn't gotten any tighterthan the depth of the nut!!! Just cut em back a lil and retighted nd I'm back to full speed and full throttle. What a frickin releif, I've been scratching my head over this for about two weeks!!!! TO LONG, it's not rocket science : ))cvlt1