My New motorized bicycle Build...almost done!

GoldenMotor.com

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
This is a US made Murry that I turned into a 26/24. I took an old BMX fork(Schwinn King Sting) and fabed a little bracket for a disc brake. I hand cut rear drop-outs and took about an inch off the rear of the bike. The engine is a Gt5 with a custom "fat cat" pipe, hand made intake, Yamaha GT80 carb and a Manic Mechanic hub adapter with a 36 tooth sprocket. I installed the drive chain without the chain adjuster and so far everything is good. This bike is very quick! I want to say thank you to Justin @ Priate Cycles for the fast shipment on the hub adapter. I want to gear this with a 32 tooth but this was the smallest he had in stock. As soon at the new Manic Mechanic heads get in stock @ Priate you know I will be bolting one of those up! Tell me what you think of the red disc caliper. Should I paint it black or does the red give it a Brembo look? Next LA ride, you'll be eating my dust! Thanks again for the great site and fun people! Jason

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Re: My New MB Build...almost done!

Nice bike, but we'll see about the dust...

You should ask a few questions with Jim & Justin about those billet PK heads before buying one for your GT5.
The PK80 engines have to use two head gaskets to keep the piston from hitting the head, & maybe Jim made adjustments for that when he made the new heads?? (They might not work as well on other engines) That's something that you should find out.