2.5 HP Powerpro RS Engine EPA Only

GoldenMotor.com

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Take the s out of burdens,,check out the pdf discription of the engine,,lower corner,,read carefully

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Its ok I over type too,but I read the pdf on the engine and I am confused,,,I think it says sleaved and at the end of the discrip. it says no sleave:confused:

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
We had 2-3" of snow today had to go out the airport and blade off the runways and today is the First Day of SPRING???? Will winter ever end? Got the fever to ride my bike BAD! LOL
2.5 HP POWERPRO looks like it may be a little tall 14 1/4" for in frame mount. I'll try this week and get out to Surplus Center and get some more information and take measurements with the tank removed. It looks like the bolt circle for transmission mount is smaller than the HF. I'm hoping I can come up with a transmission from EZM or FB that will fit this engine & possibly buy one. I'll keep you posted as to what I find out.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Cool buzz! the key speed bumps to making a tranny for that engine is bolt pattern for the mount and drive shaft, drive shaft size and RPM at idle an' top. After that, no problem! lol

Really would be a cool project!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
When did they get the 4hp deisel that's awesome! I'm using the 98cc 2.5 in a worksmsn build that I should be finishing up in a few weeks. I'll keep ya posted.

Last edited:

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
I talked to the EZM dealer and he said the QMatic transmission would fit the 2.5 HP POWERPRO engine with some minor modifications. I have access to a machine shop if I need to make mounting plates or something. This engine has 5.92 cu inch displacement that comes to approximately 97cc. My math isn't all that good and I may be wrong on this I can't remember how to convert from inches to cc. Check me if I'm wrong.
It looks like it would be a real torquer.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass... its' about learning how to dance in the rain"

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Interesting ,,Would it pull from a dead stop better that a gas w/same hp?(which I would think it to mean it would also pull hills at lower speeds w/o stalling?) I am thinking they put disels in pic-ups for more power,and tractors and they are hard too stall under load

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
Diesel motor put out a ton more torque so it would be able to chug up hills and come off of stops real good. With 4hp it wouldn't exactly be slow either given the standard 4-stroke kit only has 2.5hp. Since the lack of rpm's with a diesel tho you would prolly want to put a torque converter on it.

Last edited:

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
218cc's according to a ci to cc converter. Thats quite a bit of displacement for a bicycle, also its electric start... man it would be cool to come off a stop with your bicycle and then blow out a big cloud of black smoke as you took off!

EDIT: not for sale or use in california lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm4WfH6v004
similar diesel running

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I think that diesel is going to be my next build. It's just too tempting not to try it. I've been thinking about building a little car, kind of like a big, bicycle tire, go-kart. That may be exactly what I need. Just something to ride around the neighborhood and look odd.