No engage no roll

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thanks Silver.I agree this would be a good reference for someone that might run into this problem.In that case,how might one remove the centrifugal/gear cover and not damage the cover such as I did? There are two small bolts hidden underneath the centrifugal securing the cover to the backside,I have no clue how to get to these bolts for removal.Does anyone know?
I don't know, but there must be a way to do it.
SB

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I don't know, but there must be a way to do it.
SB
There's always a way ;) I found a couple of pictures of the cent.on another thread.There is a bolt that goes through the center holding on the centrifugal pack,I'm just curious how could the centrifugal be removed since this bolt turns with the cent?

Attachments

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I've seen on another post that if you remove the spark plug and feed a foot or so? of rope into the cylinder through the spark plug hole it will keep the engine from turning while you undo the bolt

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Thank you Corgi!! Alright,I have the centrifugal pack and cover removed now.The wood ruff key is missing,however I have a key from another motor but can not get the wood ruff key in place.Any ideas?

Attachments

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Is there a thread about installing the centrivical clutch?I seem to remember the key had to be shaped when installing,,,Norm,Jim,the guy with the thread,sombody?

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Is there a thread about installing the centrivical clutch?I seem to remember the key had to be shaped when installing,,,Norm,Jim,the guy with the thread,sombody?
I know its a oval shaped shaft key that fits into place,but I don't have the original to match it at the hardware store.Hopefully someone can chime in.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Good news is for my first time I've completely tore down both motors and have rebuilt one of the motors in 4 hours :D Hopefully tomorrow I can throw the rebuilt motor on a bike and test it out!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I was going to suggest making an impression of the opening where the woodruff key fits. Put a little grease on it and then press a piece of paper against it. Take the impression to the hardware and find something that size or a little bigger to file down to size.
Congrats on getting a motor together.
SB

AussieSteve

Nov 26, 2009
Nowra, NSW, Australia
For anyone else with this problem, just find a steel washer that nicely fits the groove, then cut off a piece. File the flat side until everything fits together, by trial and error.
Good luck with the test ride, Aaron.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Thank you guys.I removed the piston from cent. motor to rebuild another 66cc,so I need to find a new piston for the centrifugal motor.Until than,could the centrifugal pack be used on another motor long as it fits the shaft? I haven't had the chance to start up my rebuilt motor (hopefully soon) Instead of rushing threw building a MB,I've finally learned to prepare my bike before rushing and installing a kit in a hour or two.The weathers supposed to be nice out today so I'll finally be back on the road later today :D