Manic Mechanics New and Improved Engine Mount Pictures

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Is Jim still making these sprocket adapters?Whats the time frame on a adapter & sprocket if I placed a order?

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
This is final copy on the engine mounts. Pics below...the price remains the same.

The bike will fall apart before these new mounts ever break. :D

The new design allows for the use of the stock intake; (the engine can be mounted at an angle if preferred).

The frame clamps have already been manufactured...I'll get the "T" shaped parts in the machine in a few days, and then the mounts will begin to ship.

Thanks to all who have waited so patiently. My purpose in all of this is to create parts that solve a problem. The original mount design represented the potential for problems.

The original, pan, design was good...but it broke on 3 out of 22 installs. At first I thought I had the wrong alloy for forming bends. In an attempt to ensure zero failures, I bought Mil spec 5052 for the pans. Another one broke during testing. I can only figure that the harmonic vibration was just right on those 3 to cause a fracture of the pan. I have customers with the pan design that have 6-7-8-9-10 months on their bikes, and many miles with no problems, but even one failure is not acceptable. Due to the failed mounts, I decided to scrap the design and re-think the whole thing.

Jim
Daaaaammmmmnnn Look at all those beautiful heads in the back ground on pic 3. I want a couple.

stokey

Feb 24, 2010
wyoming
Will the mounts be on your web-site along with prices when they are ready? Sounds like the backorder list is already longer than a "wagon track" ! Can we call to get on the list??
Would really love to order them for my first build. Have a great day!

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Thanks Aaron...

Aaron was one of the first guys to order a motor mount...months ago...and he will be one of the first to get one.

Jim
Thanks Jim.Not sure if this was mentioned somewhere else,are the motors with 'bigger wider' front/rear mounts compatible with your motor mount? From the looks of one they look approx. 1.75" wide rather than the usual standard engines being 1.55"

stokey

Feb 24, 2010
wyoming
.bld. Is the motor mount shown on your web site listed for $32 plus shipping available? I Was going to order one soon , but if they are not avail for shipping I will do something else.
thanks
Bill

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Alrighty guys....I am going to lock this one until the product is available for shipping. I will unlock it for reviews of the mounts upon installation and testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.