Felt tires and rims

GoldenMotor.com

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
hey Charlie, I don't know about the Quick Bricks, but the Fat Franks might wear quickly on a Brigg's build. My brother has a set of 26" Fat Franks on his 49cc 4-stroke-powered bike with a Q-matic and his tires show significant wear after about 400 miles. They seem to wear quickly with 30+ speed.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Fat Franks are fine, but you have to take into consideration that they are 26x2.35 not! 26x2.125 the extra width of the tire will cause the chain to rub on the sides of the tire and cause wear to the side wall and will also leave big greasy marks all over it.
Remember that you have a drive sprocket on the left side of the bike that has to line up perfectly with the drive sprocket on the engine it cannot have any bend in it or you'll screw up your sprockets and over a short period of time the chain can brake, you don't want that as it could lead to a variety of possible injuries Felt makes a very good 26x1.25 tire (Quick bricks ) in cream,brown and black colors also a good looking tire, many of the top builders and fabricators use them

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Ok, I will pick up a set or two of each for the henderson. What the size of the realy skinny chain that most go karts use? Its smaller than the peddal chain and that's what the cluch I'm using is designed for. Will it clear the tire with the small profile chain?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I use either #415 or #410 chains they are both strong enough to support the torque and weight of all combined factors ( engine Torque,rider,bike,terrain) un-less your small chain is either stainless steel or titanium I'd reconsider using it or fortify'ing it.
A thinner chain will no doubt clear the tire but what about durability and strength, you might want to consult with Sportscar Pat or Dan Taylar on that issue as these two guys are top doggs in the enginerring and fabrication department

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Consult the pros, they know! as I have not delt with a Tucamesh yet, Sorry! Can't be of much help there but it can be delt with and I'm thinking easier then you think.
Go to Pats web site wich you can log onto from this site off the side bar menu's

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Last edited:

bangbang880

Mar 22, 2010
Los Angeles
speaking of the side bar. i have noticed that Piston Bikes has some colored tires as well. i know for sure in brown and im pretty sure also in cream, good prices as well. upper left hand of the page.
cheers

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
junkyrustybikes.com and you will find what you need, a pair of cream colored duro's is less than $30.oo you can also try chainganglowrider.com or classic-cycle de store, classic cycle de store also has side skirted fenders,full or quartered and some hard to find old world euro style'd stuff as well, universalcycles.com has Voodoo BTR handle bars,
Gotta alot of other hook ups too!