Let the building commence!

GoldenMotor.com

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
I can talk here about the issues that everyone faces at the beginning of their build. Your frame's seat post is nearly Perpendicular so the closer you can get to flush there will help you later, Front mounts are sort of centerind pins. to be finessed in while checking petal travel, muffler proximity and center of gravity.
I replaced my orig studs with hardened Bolts that ensure strength and minimum protrusion.
took my rear motor adapting block and shoved it tight to the seat post portion.
infront I noticed that an angle could be ground in to the aluminum spacer that matches the angle to truly flush it all in tight. I got ahold of some "lock-tight" and smotherd the threads to ensure that this portion of the build was set to forget.
While the engine gear remains stationary You may fiddle with the rear Sprocket as often as you need.
earlier today 8 wisemen handed over tips on the sprockets jnstallation each one admit to taking longer than one evening to assemble this Engine Kit most of the red knuckles come while inserting the half moons behind the spokes and getting the nine bolts to penetrate the gasket material.
I came up with a Bosch mini power ddriver and zipped them in and out wuickly clearly an improvement on my knuckles and serenity. I had not noticed the power driver mentioned concerning this portion of the one by one through bolt aspect . I haven't heard of a newbie getting it in right
on the first try. so I put this note in for ya, get a power driver to penetrate the three in one assembly, then it is automatically flush in the inner circle

Last edited:

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
I put the sprocket on, got it on the bike, toyed with the whole deal, tried the chain on it to see how the clearance is, (insert smack to the forehead noise here), sprocket is on backwards! I thought the chrome side went inward. There is no chain clearance.
I'm too tired to f with it tonight. Better luck tomorrow....

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
There is no chain clearance ? I sent this pic of my sprocket, I even left off the outer gasket to
ensure my coaster brake arm seats correctly in its notch on the axle. compromising an 1/8 inch clearance towards my spokes. If you've installed the rear wheel loosely, it travels enough out of kilter to apear that the chain will hit the tire. Your tension device is supposed to be set just right to enable a feed into the rear sprocket and align it avoiding thrown chains

Last edited:

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
I went to spooky tooh cycles and pulled a pictue of the wheel they sell with the sprocket on it see

make your wheel look like the one at spooky tooth he is the s@@it

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
actually, some bikes need the "dish" of the sprocket opposite of what any instructions might say. you'll know after everything is installed and you look at the alignment of your chain whether or not you gotta flip it.

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
actually, some bikes need the "dish" of the sprocket opposite of what any instructions might say. you'll know after everything is installed and you look at the alignment of your chain whether or not you gotta flip it.
Yeah Baird, I'll have to flip it. I have it on with the concave out like the picture, and clearance is definitely an issue. :rolleyes:

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
Well I got the chain on, the clutch is hooked up, throttle assembly is there, just need to hook it up to the carb. Much more productive than last night. :D

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
Things have been coming along nicely today. I found a lawn mower gas tank that I mounted behind the seat. I think it'll do until I find a nicer metal one.

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
All DONE! Here are some pics I took today before the bike fell over and broke the clutch handle...Thank cripes I have spare parts around here, I was able to put on an adequate replacement. :D